Thread: Firmware Update Failure and Connecting to Computer Problem

Default Firmware Update Failure and Connecting to Computer Problem

HI,

I am a Profilux 3.1N ex user in China mainland. My PL has connection problems for several weeks. Even today, when I was about to update firmware version from 5.16 to 5.17, further problem happened.

(1) I bought all GHL devices in Hongkong in September, brand new. When I tried to connect the PL to computer last month, error 28 always happened, neither USB nor LAN connection was available. (BTW, I use macbook, I run the PLC software in vmware.)

I tried several solutions after consulting local users. The COM was correct, the device address was checked, the timeout was set to be up to 20,000ms. Finally when I change the default system language to English (including UNICODE), the USB connection was available, although not stable enough. In other words, the USB connection may breaks down with no reason, and I suffer a lot from this.

(2) This morning further problem happened when I tried to update FW version. At beginning when I confirm the instructions the program started normally. After I clicked YES to start download on the PL main screen, the TOUCH and PBs were out of control one by one (this seemed to be normal?), suddenly a failure notice appears. (See pic "FW Update Error".)

Firmware Update Error.jpg

After the notice the USB connection was broken down once again, and this time whatever I tried the PL just could not be connected to computer any more..

(3) Finally I unplugged the main power supply to PL so that to restart it by force, the vulnerable USB connection was available again.

(4) I tried the whole mentioned process again, the same error happened and the result was the same that I need to restart the PL.

I live near BEIJING, and there is no GHL distributer nearby, that's why I have to write to you. PLEASE help me to solve this FW update problem, thank you!

(5) BTW, pls regard the LAN connection problem as well. Do help me! My LAN connection has never succeeded since I bought the PL. I have my PLC pictures attached for your reference.

Communication Error via USB after FW Update Failure.jpg
    LAN Connection.jpg
    USB Connection.jpg

Look forward to your reply.
    Regards!

Xuan

Ps. I think I've found a similar case about usb connection problem. I read this and all he tried I have also tried.
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...nnexion-issues
    Last edited by ucscspcs; 02.12.2013 at 09:01.

Hello,

regarding the firmware update problem, you can also use a flasher tool in order to update your device.
    Have a look here:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...?do=file&id=48

For the USB connection, have you already read this thread?
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...ase-read-first!
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by ucscspcs View Post
    HI,

I am a Profilux 3.1N ex user in China mainland. My PL has connection problems for several weeks. Even today, when I was about to update firmware version from 5.16 to 5.17, further problem happened.

(1) I bought all GHL devices in Hongkong in September, brand new. When I tried to connect the PL to computer last month, error 28 always happened, neither USB nor LAN connection was available. (BTW, I use macbook, I run the PLC software in vmware.)

I tried several solutions after consulting local users. The COM was correct, the device address was checked, the timeout was set to be up to 20,000ms. Finally when I change the default system language to English (including UNICODE), the USB connection was available, although not stable enough. In other words, the USB connection may breaks down with no reason, and I suffer a lot from this.

(2) This morning further problem happened when I tried to update FW version. At beginning when I confirm the instructions the program started normally. After I clicked YES to start download on the PL main screen, the TOUCH and PBs were out of control one by one (this seemed to be normal?), suddenly a failure notice appears. (See pic "FW Update Error".)

Firmware Update Error.jpg

After the notice the USB connection was broken down once again, and this time whatever I tried the PL just could not be connected to computer any more..

(3) Finally I unplugged the main power supply to PL so that to restart it by force, the vulnerable USB connection was available again.

(4) I tried the whole mentioned process again, the same error happened and the result was the same that I need to restart the PL.

I live near BEIJING, and there is no GHL distributer nearby, that's why I have to write to you. PLEASE help me to solve this FW update problem, thank you!

(5) BTW, pls regard the LAN connection problem as well. Do help me! My LAN connection has never succeeded since I bought the PL. I have my PLC pictures attached for your reference.

Communication Error via USB after FW Update Failure.jpg
    LAN Connection.jpg
    USB Connection.jpg

Look forward to your reply.
    Regards!

Xuan

Ps. I think I've found a similar case about usb connection problem. I read this and all he tried I have also tried.
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...nnexion-issues
    Just share my experience, I am living in HK and a chinese language user, also using Mac and VM for running PLC.

- First you must change the unicode to English otherwise you will get a error message code 28.

- It is better to update FW to 6.01 of PL and the update PLC to 6.010 ( I have experienced all what you mention ). If any error happened, need to reset PL in order to let the PLC connects to PL again ( of course you can use flasher tool to update the FW )

- Regarding LAN ( wireless ) connection, you can try type the internal IP that you can find it in system / communication / on LAN port ( for my case : 192.168.8.6 ) at Host-Name in Connection box and not using search automatically, it is more stable to establish the connection.

Hope it can help !
    Last edited by reeferqq; 02.12.2013 at 15:08.

Thank you for quick reply, Carolin. I will try the flasher tool.
    I've read the USB connection thread and followed every point, so that the connection is available, but still I can not obtain stable connection over USB. Maybe I need to try LAN connection once again with fixed IP. Anyhow, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by reeferqq View Post
    Just share my experience, I am living in HK and a chinese language user, also using Mac and VM for running PLC.

- First you must change the unicode to English otherwise you will get a error message code 28.

- It is better to update FW to 6.01 of PL and the update PLC to 6.010 ( I have experienced all what you mention ). If any error happened, need to reset PL in order to let the PLC connects to PL again ( of course you can use flasher tool to update the FW )

- Regarding LAN ( wireless ) connection, you can try type the internal IP that you can find it in system / communication / on LAN port ( for my case : 192.168.8.6 ) at Host-Name in Connection box and not using search automatically, it is more stable to establish the connection.

Hope it can help !
    Thank you very much for your detailed suggestions! Glad to see friends from HK here.

Regarding FW update to 6.01, I wonder whether you have succeeded at last after the errors and resets --hope not too many times, with the flasher tool or without.

My current PL version is 5.16, and I use 5.17 PLC, do you think it is better to update the FW to 5.17 first than to 6.01, or directly to 6.01? Because under 5.16 FW version the 6.01 PLC is unavailable to be connected.

I am new comer to GHL products, your suggestions are quite valuable for me. Thank you my friend~

For the LAN connection issue, I will try fixed IP and let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by ucscspcs View Post
    Thank you very much for your detailed suggestions! Glad to see friends from HK here.

Regarding FW update to 6.01, I wonder whether you have succeeded at last after the errors and resets --hope not too many times, with the flasher tool or without.

My current PL version is 5.16, and I use 5.17 PLC, do you think it is better to update the FW to 5.17 first than to 6.01, or directly to 6.01? Because under 5.16 FW version the 6.01 PLC is unavailable to be connected.

I am new comer to GHL products, your suggestions are quite valuable for me. Thank you my friend~

For the LAN connection issue, I will try fixed IP and let's see.

I prefer to use the FW update in PLC, after updated to 6.010, problem solved.

Regarding about FW of PL, I would rather suggest directly update to 6.02 ( new release on yesterday )

It is glad to know another GHL user in China!

Quote Originally Posted by reeferqq View Post
    I prefer to use the FW update in PLC, after updated to 6.010, problem solved.

Regarding about FW of PL, I would rather suggest directly update to 6.02 ( new release on yesterday )

It is glad to know another GHL user in China!
    Thank you for reminding, I've just noticed V6.02 is released! I'll try tonight.

Thanks everyone, problem is solved. With the help of a local PL user, I've updated the FW version to 6.02 with the flasher tool.
    BTW, the 6.02 PLC & PL FW run perfectly, the connection problems (lan & usb, even wlan) have disappeared.