Thread: Mitra lightbar, which type for my aquarium?

Default Mitra lightbar, which type for my aquarium?

Hi,

Awesome news that the enclosed lightbar will finally be available!!
    Now I am not sure which type is suitable for my amazone aquarium with very little plants. Will that be the Ocean Blue version??

Furthermore, my new tank is 2.80 x 0.60 x 0,60 (water depth). However, will 2 lightbars 140 do or do I need 4?
    Based on the picture of the Z-holder that slides in the top of the lightbar, I probably can connect 2 lightbars with a flat bar aluminum or SS, correct? What size?

Thanks in advance

Robert

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

I think you should use 4x

if ocean blue or daylight depends on your taste
    a combination of 2 x ocean blue + 2 x daylight is also possible

i recommend stainless steel with 25 mm x 2 mm in an adequate length
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Matthias,

Thank you for your quick reply.
    What's the difference in color between the 2? I have difficulties translating the light spectrum that's posted on the website.

When I take 4, I need 2 separate transformers since you don't seem to have a size over 240 Watt, so that would mean 2 splitters as well. Is it still possible to control the both sets as one through my profilux 3?

Hi

the ocean blue appears a little more bluish due to the higher color temperature

see details in English here:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...umination.html

yes, this would require 2 splitters and 2 PS

ProfiLux 3 can control them when you have 2 RS232 outputs (PLM-RS232 added)
    or with our new active RS232-splitter which comes in January

if you are not sure if you need the full light power of 4 Mitras Lightbar you could start with a set of 2 lightbars, 1 splitter and 1 PSU
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ja again, I dont have the knowledgde to read the spectrum.
    I would have thought the Ocean Blue would give a blue light, obviously.
    But what about the Daylight spectrum, will that go more to yellowish??

Furthermore, the 140 bar, is that one exactly 140 cm long? I am afraid 2 bars maybe wont fit when I take the tickness of my aquarium glass in account.

no, the daylight is not yellow, it is "daylight"

the Mitras Ligtbar 140 is shorter than 140cm so it can fit in a 140cm tank

-> so 2x LB140 will fit in a 280cm tank

Hmm, still very vague to me. There are many forms of daylight, but okay, I'll guess ill go for blue then. Maybe I'll be buying the daylight later as the second set in case I am not 100% satisfied with the first 2.

Any change you can give me an estimation of the actual length? The aquarium is actually 3 meters long but the overflow is on the complete right side. Water length will be 2.82 m, so if the bars are smaller then 140 I might need to take longer ones.
    The total order is a bit pricey so I want to be absolutely sure what I buy is correct.

What's the estimated delivery time?

Have a look at the data of Mitras Lightbar 140:

Mitras Lightbar 140
    for tank 139 - 150 cm
    max. power consumption: 82 W

-> the length of the lightbar itself is 131 cm; incl. cover, cables and holder it is 139 cm.
    The holder can be extended up to 150 cm.

The tank size 139 - 150 cm is the inside dimension of a tank.

Hope this helps.

Hi Carolin,

Thanks, that info did help I just put in an order for 2 x 150's instead of 140.