Thread: Help with power bar after upgrade firmware 6.0.1

Default Help with power bar after upgrade firmware 6.0.1

Hello,

After upgrading to 6.0.1 after hours of ********** issues with connections, I finally able to upgrade the controller but I guess I forget to turn off the Power Bar when I was upgrading. Now, the problem is the power bar is not able to communicate with the controller. The power light on the power bar flashes once or twice per second and the comm light does not turn on., I won't be able to set up thru the controller itself nor on the computer. I was trying to downgrade the firmware but I have connection issues now. Either I get error code 28 or not able to find comm port devices.

Please help. Thanks,

Allen

a downgrade has nothing to do with this and is useless, you can upgrade to 6.xx if you want again

did you
    - reset PAB
    - assign PAB devices
    after the update?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I was trying to reset by turn off the power and reset from the controller. But the problem is there is no communication between the power bar and the controller, how can I reset and realign? By the way, I have only one power bar. I tried over 6 hours last night and still won't and don't know how to reset and reassign the power bar? Also seem the ph lost the calibration after upgrade

Can you let me know how to reset and reassign with no com inaction between the controller and the power bar? Thanks

Allen

on the ProfiLux (I am talking about the display and keys of the device - not about ProfiLuxControl!):
    go to the menu "system"
    then to "configure PAB"
    then to "PAB systemreset"
    confirm YES and press enter

now assign PAB again:
    go to the menu "system"
    then to "configure PAB"
    then to "assign devices"
    press enter

in regards to the sensor calibration:
    did you save the sensor data before updating? if yes - then load them back now
    if no - you need to recalibrate
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I tried but won't work, the display said , no device found. That's the whole problem and the power lights on the power bar keep flashing. I have the cable plug into s1-s4 and it stop communicating after the firmware.

Ok, no Powerbar PAB...

The settings changed in V5.xx to V6.xx.
    You need to set up the ProfiLux settings again, because the ProfiLux load the factory defaults.
    For the digital powerbar you have to activate the "Digital powerbar connected on (S1-S4) ... " option in System -> Socket functions

Sorry but I don't have digital power bar but a power bar 6-d.

The Powerbar-6D is a digital powerbar...

Great. The power bar is communcating again and working normally. But the lights control doesn't seem to work. Plug in the RS 232 cable to the AL Sol LED. Illumination One with brigtness about 70% now, but seem to have 100% on. Also try to simulate storms, clouds and flashes but no response. Thanks,

But the lights control doesn't seem to work

Your behavior sounds like you lost your settings during firmware update procedure.
    Check all settings to ensure they are correct and or store back the backup of your settings
    (I hope, you have performed a backup).

------------------------------------
    Al Lowe says: Save early, save often