Thread: Setting up return pump/equipment

Default Setting up return pump/equipment

Hi I'm new into this forum and I have few question about how to program things such as return pump, dosing pump, and other. I bought the profilux 3 starter pack. I read the manual from one of the admin who post into one of the post here, but a bit confusing. Here are my question and I hope I'll get answer:

1. Return pump: I have Pan World and how do I set-up my return pump to shut down automatically when I don't have enough water to go back into the Display tank or even before it get low to prevent the pump runs dry. Do I need an equipment beside the pump? If so what kind of equipment I need and where can I buy them.

2. Dosing Pump: I hook up my dosing pump into my profilux control. When I set-up manually vs. automatic does it still pump or do I need to press the button for each pump to the amount of liquid I need.

3. Salinity: I read in one of the post that I could monitor the salinity from the controller. My question is where can I get the probe for this. Also I have profilux 3 model so not sure if I have slot for this. Can someone tell if I do. If I don't do I need a equipment for this and what kind and where to buy them.

4. Chiller: I have JBJ model for up to 150 gallon. My question is how do I set-up automic when my temp get high and again do I need equipment for this, what kind and where to buy them.

5. Liquid calibration: Where can I buy these liquid?

6. Skimmer: I have the Diablo Octups skimmer rate up to 250 gallon. My question is how to a program my skimmer to shutdown automatic when I do my water change.

Thank you and I hope someone can answer all my question.
    Last edited by JayPnoy12; 26.11.2013 at 12:56.

Try to answer:

1. Return pump: I have Pan World and how do I set-up my return pump to shut down automatically when I don't have enough water to go back into the Display tank or even before it get low to prevent the pump runs dry. Do I need an equipment beside the pump? If so what kind of equipment I need and where can I buy them.
    - You need one or two level switch to control

2. Dosing Pump: I hook up my dosing pump into my profilux control. When I set-up manually vs. automatic does it still pump or do I need to press the button for each pump to the amount of liquid I need.
    - Sorry can't catch your meaning.

3. Salinity: I read in one of the post that I could monitor the salinity from the controller. My question is where can I get the probe for this. Also I have profilux 3 model so not sure if I have slot for this. Can someone tell if I do. If I don't do I need a equipment for this and what kind and where to buy them.

4. Chiller: I have JBJ model for up to 150 gallon. My question is how do I set-up automic when my temp get high and again do I need equipment for this, what kind and where to buy them.
    - You need a power bar to plug in the chiller and then setup the temp control in PLC

5. Liquid calibration: Where can I buy these liquid?

6. Skimmer: I have the Diablo Octups skimmer rate up to 250 gallon. My question is how to a program my skimmer to shutdown automatic when I do my water change.
    - Water change means manual water change or using AWC in Profilux ? If for manual water change, you just need to use maintenance key to disable the power supply to skimmer ( of course need a power bar ), if for AWC in Profilux, you need to use pro logic to shutdown the skimmer or even with delayed on during AWC
    Last edited by reeferqq; 26.11.2013 at 13:55.

Reeferqq,

Thank for answering some of my question. As far as return pump, what are the two level switch to control. I need assistant on how to set-up this up.

As far as the dosing pump I set-up my dosing pump as manually. Even though I set-up manually is doser pump work as if was automatic if so, what how many minutes apart to I need for each pump so that it would not run all at the same time.

As far as the Chiller I need assist and direction how to set-up and same thing with skimmer for manual water change.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPnoy12 View Post
    Reeferqq,

Thank for answering some of my question. As far as return pump, what are the two level switch to control. I need assistant on how to set-up this up.

As far as the dosing pump I set-up my dosing pump as manually. Even though I set-up manually is doser pump work as if was automatic if so, what how many minutes apart to I need for each pump so that it would not run all at the same time.

As far as the Chiller I need assist and direction how to set-up and same thing with skimmer for manual water change.
    Are you using ATO?

And for dosing, I think what you mean is changing the switch mode from manual to auto, if so, PLC will auto spread out the no of dosing ( no of dosing pump x dosing of each pump / day ) evenly in 24 hours, so you don't need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by reeferqq View Post
    Are you using ATO?

No, but I thought about that. Now if I add ATO into my system, do I need to still have my pump controlled.

And for dosing, I think what you mean is changing the switch mode from manual to auto, if so, PLC will auto spread out the no of dosing ( no of dosing pump x dosing of each pump / day ) evenly in 24 hours, so you don't need to worry.
    Thank you for the info. Now as far as setting-up to be auto, how to I do that. Sorry for asking too many question because I'm new to this product. I bought this system because I read a lot of excellent review about this and try to learn how to use it.

Dosing pump set for auto.
    dosing pump setting.jpg

The dosing amount per day corresponds to the product of Dosings/day and Rate/ Dosing e.g. 5 dosings per day at 40 ml result in a dosing per day of 200 ml.

Temp control for chiller
    T = Nominal temperature + 5/6 * hysteresis + cooling difference ( details pls refer to programming guide )
    Temp setting.jpg

Set the socket for chiller
    Temp control.jpg

Low level protection for return pump
    I can only think a foolish way for this protection

Use one level switch set for ATO and set max. on time for 1 mins
    Return pump low level alarm cut_a.jpg

If fresh water can't be replenish within 1 min, it will trigger the general alarm ( for this case, you can't active the alarm function for other sensors ) and shutdown the return pump.
    Return pump low level alarm cut.jpg
    Last edited by reeferqq; 27.11.2013 at 16:27.

Manual shutdown skimmer during WC by using maintenance switch

Skimmer shut off by maintenance a.jpg

Skimmer shut off by maintenance.jpg

reeferqq,

Thank you again for the instruction along with the screen shot. Now in order for me to configure these equipment where do I need to plug0in the equipment in order to work or detect from the controller.