Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion box ISSUES

Default Expansion box ISSUES

Was attempting to update firmware on EXP box today. Was able to download and started the process without a problem. But in the middle of it I received system error 28 and now I CANT even assign or find the Exp box.
    I have tried PAB reset, changed cables AND power cords and still not able to assign or even connect EXP Box. All cables have been triple checked to be sure they are properly connected!
    Any help?
    Ty

I have updated FW of expansion box to V1.07 without problem by using PLC 6.01. Have you try only connect the expansion box during updating?

Yes. ONLY connected PAB device was EXP box. Now I cant even do FW update via PLC since EXP Box is not even recognized/viewable

Are you sure you have chosen the correct firmware for the update?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes!!!!

I just need to be able to see the exp box connected again.
    Can I do a flash recovery like the one you can do for the P3 if the fw crashes?
    I believe the issue is that I had a communication error while in the middle of the update!!!!

Normally you can fix a failed update at an PAB device using the update function.
    Which ProfiLux firmware are you using?
    Which version of PLC?

Without this informations I'll try it on the blind...
    Are you able to assign other PAB devices (no matter which type)? If yes, do so.
    Then disconnect the PAB device and connect the ExpansionBox with the corrupted firmware.
    Connect with PLC and select the/any assigned PAB device (no matter if the PAB device is an EXB or not)...
    ...and choose "Firmware-Update"
    Accept the warning and select the firmware file for the ExpansionBox.
    Check and accept the message "Do you want to update an ExpansionBox now?"
    Then a Message appear "No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?" ... accept it ...
    ...and the firmware update should start.

After the successful update, the EXB should working as usual and you should be able to assign the EXB again.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

PLC 6.01
    FW 6.0.
    I am NOT able to assign any other PAB devices. Tried assigning a power bar but P3 doesn't even recognize it.
    On the system tab on PLC I can only see P3.1NeX with a serial card. That's all.
    Because of that I cannot do PAB firmware update and or configuration from PLC.
    And from P3 I have tried system reset PAB and still nothing.

Thanks for your help Frank.

When I do connect a PAB bar, this is the light configuration I have on the PAB

The power green light is on intermittent.
    But I still cannot view that PAB on PLC.

Furthermore. I just realized I have an SMS unit that is working fine but for some reason I am not able to see it on the system tab of PLC.