Thread: P3 PC Program connection lost when sockets activate

Default P3 PC Program connection lost when sockets activate

Hello,*We have a P3 connected to a PC using a LAN connection.*I am having an issue that the P3 will not stay connected to the PC control program. Often the connection is lost when sockets on the Plugbar are switched on, such as heaters.* Then Error Message 50 or 28 appears on the screen.*Where should we be looking to solve this?

Thank you,
    Jeremy

does this happen when the powerbar switches without loads?

please test
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have tried to recreate this both with and without loads by dipping the temperature probe in hot and cold water to switch the sockets. Unfortunately now I cant get the connection to drop out!
    I have definitely witnessed this happen in the past (with loads on the powerbar). The result is that the P3 will not stay connected to the PC and it is not able to send PC email notifications

GHL settings.jpg

I will try a firmware and software update now

Hi, It is more likely to be lights but all can cause interference.
    Rather than using water to change the temp, just make a manual switch selection, using PLC and if it does drop out, the profilux should sense no connection and cancel the manual switch selection.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Wow, I have never questioned my own sanity as many times as I did during that Firmware update to 6.0! Had to resort to the Flasher tool and taking apart the unit to perform the manual reset with a jack.
    Aaaanyway, I now have the update firmware and PC Program, but am still experiencing an issue with a connection dropout.

In Terms of lighting, there are only 4x 54w T5 bulbs plugged into one of the 2 Powerbars, but I was having this issue before I plugged those in.

To clarify: I have noticed that I am only getting "Error 50" now since the firmware update.

Approximately after about 24/36 hours the connection between the profilux and PC is lost and Error 50 is displayed.

Any idea if this could be a problem with the router or switch or a firewall or the P3? I am not an IT guru, so have no idea where to start looking for the problem.....

Agh!!!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
    To clarify: I have noticed that I am only getting "Error 50" now since the firmware update.

Approximately after about 24/36 hours the connection between the profilux and PC is lost and Error 50 is displayed.
    Sometimes changing things like the time out in the connections settings can help.
    Note: I have mine set to 2000 with TCPIP
    time out.jpg
    Have a go and play around with the settings. (Would not go anymore than 20000)
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!