Thread: Vortech module...oddness

Default Vortech module...oddness

Hi Guys,

I have recently changed my tank over and added a 4th vortech. I have been going insane trying to add it in the 4th but can only ever get 3 to appear.

I went through and added in each one 1 by 1 and worked out that two of the pumps are recognised as the same pump. So its listed as 1 in the profilux overview, but its controlling both pumps.

I notice one of them was 2.02 while the other was 2.01 so I have upgraded it with no joy. The other pumps are fine, just these two are apparently identical. What can I do?

Profliux Firmware 5.17
    Vortech Controller 1.03
    Interface Controlers 1.02
    Fireware RF-Module 1.02
    All vortechs are 2.02

Thanks

Matt

Hello,
    can you post screenshots of each pump setting?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    Hello,
    can you post screenshots of each pump setting?
    Hi Carolin,

Iv attached the screenshots below, the settings are a little out because I have been playing with them trying to determine which pump is which.
    Just to clarify, it isnt 1 pump mimicing the other, its the profilux showing only ONE pump while controlling TWO different pumps. Weird
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you select "Delete assignments of all VorTech pumps now" at the beginning?

You can't add a Vortech pump to a existing assignment.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Did you select "Delete assignments of all VorTech pumps now" at the beginning?

You can't add a Vortech pump to a existing assignment.
    Here is what I have just tried

1) Deleted Assignments of all vortech pumps now
    2) Put the pumps in to slave mode (all pumps flashing blue and yellow)
    3) End and save assignments of all vortech pumps now
    4) It picked up two pumps only and ignored the other 2. Now they didnt stay waiting for assignment, they reset

Then I tried it again, this time I have all 4 reset and none in the vortech overview. Getting frustraing.

Hi Guys,

I thought I would post back here in case anyone ever had the issue themselves. When doing the assigment of the vortech, something went wrong and I think upset the vortechs programming.

In the end, I have rectified this, here is how

I put 3 vortechs in slave mode and set the 4th as the master and they all locked in and programmed fine. No issues so I decided to try the profilux again.

After clearing them all and putting them all in slave mode, they all assigned successfully. So despite clearing the vortechs on each time, the above obviously changed their programming in some way.

Hope this helps someone else one day

Cheers

matt

Hey Matt,
    maybe you can help me out . i am trying to assign 2xmp60 and 2xmp 40. but, like you had, i can only see 1 -mp60 and 1-mp 40, meanwhile all 4 controlling by PL. also tried to add 2xmp 60 and then 2x mp 40-nothing works..
    pic attachDoc1.doc
    i did all required
    steps many times and still getting this strange result..

please, advice