Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customize web interface

Default Customize web interface

Hello,

With the improvments to 5.17's interface (nice work ) I was wondering if there is anyway that we can customize our own pages or page. I have read the PDF about setting up a "My Site" page however that doesnt seem to indicate how to either modify existing pages or create a page where I could have graphs and outputs found in the overview tab.

For me, I would like to remove illumination as I don't use it and reduce the amount of sockets available because I don't all of them. Is this something that is currently possible to do?

thanks kindly

Matt

Mattau,
    Not sure if you are happy with the overview page and just want to remove some of the functions or if you want to create something completely different.
    If you just want to change the overview page, go to the top right of the page when in overview. There you will find settings and you can show or hide various item to suit your system.
    Below is mine.
    Overview page.jpg
    But if you want to do something completely new, I suggest that you need to rally understand HTML 4 and look at the source of the pages which are present in the web views. You cannot change the source of the built in browser, but there is a small amount of room left to be able to produce your own pages from the ground up and publish to the profilux using TFTP.
    I have not bothered as I have no time to do the general maintenance and updates as it is, let alone redoing what others have already done pretty well.
    Last edited by Antipodes; 05.10.2013 at 02:03. Reason: seems to show 2 images, but cannot edit the second
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

I don't have settings in the top right, just the other 3 options

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    I don't have settings in the top right, just the other 3 options
    Then you are not logged in as Admin or you don't have the last firmware. The last beta version is also version 5.17 but has not the customizing options. Check the date of your FW

Btw: You can download every page, modify it and upload it again to have the web interface as you like it. Only disadvance is that every modification is lost during a firmware update or if you delete the user files.

But of course: Evenif it's HTML: It's not that easy to do so and geht an adorable result.

Same here. I don't have a fourth tab at the top.

Not sure what the issue is there, maybe try another browser to see if it works and then if it does you can repirt back a pproblem with the browser you have now. Currently using firefox myself and have used Opera and I E with no problems. Will try chrome and seevif that is an issue.
    Call me Paul !

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
    Not sure what the issue is there, maybe try another browser to see if it works and then if it does you can repirt back a pproblem with the browser you have now. Currently using firefox myself and have used Opera and I E with no problems. Will try chrome and seevif that is an issue.
    Safari and chrome on the iPad, 3 tabs

Just tried Chrome on my win 7 machine and worked fine with 4 tabs on the overview page(note only shows on the overview page, NO OTHER)?

If you go to the first page (System page), what is the date of the firmware revision. Should be FW-Version 5.17 date: 2013-08-09 or later.
    Call me Paul !

I'm confused again lol, this is what mine showed on the system page

Model ProfiLux 3 eX
    S/N 11080*****
    FW-Version 5.16 date: 2013-06-05
    Date 2013/10/06
    Time 10:18

So I deleated all GHL software and reinstalled from the downloads section, and now I get this,

Model ProfiLux 3 eX
    S/N 11080*****
    FW-Version 5.16 date: 2013-06-05
    Date 2013/10/06
    Time 10:18
    Last edited by GazzMan; 06.10.2013 at 10:21.

The version shows the firmware Gazzman.
    You need to download the 5.17 firmware and install on to the profilux.
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...do=file&id=116
    Current firmware shows uploaded FW 5.17 26.08.2013.
    Call me Paul !