Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Chiller set-up cnfusion

Default Yet another Chiller set-up cnfusion

Hello!If I may ask ,why is it that in my Temp. setting:Nominal-78.08/Hyteresis-2.00 Celsius/Cooling Diff.-0 and Inv. Switch Behavior-INV.,the Chiller remained ON below pass 75 degrees F?ADC 1-786 ADC 2-256 is this just about right?Thx for your anticipated response.

Flame

Why set switching behaviour as INV ?

Quote Originally Posted by reeferqq View Post
    Why set switching behaviour as INV ?
    That's why I ask,what it does and if "NO" or "INV".Does INV make my chiller run immediately without turning OFF?Please tell me to which is proper,INV or NO to switch behavior.If "NO" then the chiller will not turn on as set and "INV",then chiller will turn on immediately without turning off automatically as according to Nominal,Hysteresis and Cooling difference.Please help as to what to do with this German made controller.I'm also kind of doubtful about the ADC 1-786 and ADC 2-256 value,what the heck is that for.My controller is 3.1N model.Any knowledgeable answer?Thx alot in advance.Be back later this afternoon.Thx again.
    Last edited by Flameangel; 26.09.2013 at 10:28.

Use an example will be more easy for understanding:
    Idea case - Chiller turn "ON" at 80 F and turn "OFF" at 79 F, if set the switching behaviour as INV ( inverse means opposite : ON becomes OFF, OFF becomes ON ), chiller will turn "OFF" at temp 80 or above, and "ON" at 79 F or below, for your current setting, the chiller will never stop since when it is working, the temp will get lower and lower which can't reach 80 F to turn the chiller "OFF". You may try to uncheck the box of switching behaviour , chiller will back to normal. Hope it can help !

Yes reefer,I got it clear that the word "INVERT" means the opposite,now I know why the damn thing keep on going like Energizer.I think though I've got other problem.Why with the settings I have and switch behavior "NO",instead of INV,the Chiller never turn on at pass 80 F.Is there perhaps something wrong with my Temp. probe?I do have a replacement new one but do I have to calibrate the probe or it's already pre-calibrated as factory default?Thanx for all your generous help.

Flame

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say there is a no or invert.
    This is the screen that shows for the socket for my chiller (heat exchanger). (PLC 5.1.7.1)
    I do not see a no option anywhere here??
    chiller socket.jpg
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Flameangel View Post
    Yes reefer,I got it clear that the word "INVERT" means the opposite,now I know why the damn thing keep on going like Energizer.I think though I've got other problem.Why with the settings I have and switch behavior "NO",instead of INV,the Chiller never turn on at pass 80 F.Is there perhaps something wrong with my Temp. probe?I do have a replacement new one but do I have to calibrate the probe or it's already pre-calibrated as factory default?Thanx for all your generous help.

Flame
    Better to have a look on the screen of Temp sensor and the correspond Socket setting. Temp no need to calibrate, if the temp reading shows above 80, chiller should be turned on⋯ maybe there is some setting wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
    I am not sure what you are referring to when you say there is a no or invert.
    This is the screen that shows for the socket for my chiller (heat exchanger). (PLC 5.1.7.1)
    I do not see a no option anywhere here??
    chiller socket.jpg
    Thx antipodes for your reply very well appreciated.My Profilux 3 is a 3.1N and not a 3ex like yours.

Guys/gals,sorry for the wrong info.In the INV. Switch Behavior-YES and NO Used YES before but now using NO and SAVE then LOAD.Chiller never turn on.I'll try to install the new probe and see what happens.I will not change the setting ....INV.Switch Behavior "NO" as Saved and Loaded.lol Thx and I'll be back after testing.
    Last edited by Flameangel; 27.09.2013 at 00:03.

Here's the screen shot of the settings.DSC01823.jpgDSC01823.jpg