Thread: Best way to control two heaters?

Default Best way to control two heaters?

Hi, I have two Shego titanium heaters (no built in thermostat) - can anyone tell me the best way to set these up to maintain 26C? I have read a post regarding using one set as "Heater" and the other set as "Bottom Heater", is this the correct way to set them up? Both heaters will be in the sump, where the temp probe is located. Regards, Andy

Please have a look into the user manual of ProfiLux:

1.3.1 How do I set the temperature control?
    1. Setting of the function: Set the required nominal value, see 2.1 Nominal value.
    2. Setting of the hardware: Set which switchable output (socket) is responsible for switching themain heater,
    the ground heater and the cooling (if existing), see 8.3 Switching output.

In chapter 2.1 "Nominal value" the interaction between heater and bottom heater is described.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thankyou Carolin, as I understand it, the "Heater" is only switched on if the "Bottom Heater" is not sufficient, so should I assign Socket 1 to "Temperature 1" & "Substrate Heater" and Socket 2 to "Temperature 1" and "Heater" - so no need for a Virtual probe? Thanks, Andy

Yes, correct.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.