Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC connexion issues

Default PC connexion issues

Hello,

Since I have my Profilux 3 (last version because purchased from new in June 2013), I meet significant issues in connecting my profilux to my PC. Sometime I am successful, but in this case with a strong instability (connexion is lost all the time). For example impossible to perform the firmware update because connexion is always lost before the end of the download.
    Since laste week, I have not been able to obtain the connexion. I always obtain an "error code 28", and impossible to connect it.
    This is very frustrating considering that I have paid almost 2000€ for the Profilux and the accessories 3 months ago!

I have also tried with my new Mac through the Windows session from Parallel and the result is the same: no connexion and error 28.

My Mac run with Windows 7 Professionnal 64 bits.
    My PC (Sony Vaio purchased from new in 2011) run with Windows 7 family 64 bits.

I use the last version of the PC software. I have also installed the twice drivers available.
    As I try to connect through USB, I have elected the "RS232/USB" input. The com port is the one mentioned in the properties of the PC (com 6 for my PC, com 3 for my Mac).
    I have tried using all the other options possible in the Profilux software without success.

What is wrong? What can I do more?
    Thanks for your help!!!

Christophe

Hello,

have you tried another cable? Which connection do you use? Which periphery is connected to your ProfiLux?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi,
    I use the USB connection, using the cable provided with the Profilux. My Profilux contains standard peripheries : PH1 + additionnal PH + salinity + level + temperature + power bar.
    Thanks

I have tried to use another cable and problem remains unchanged!
    Please help!
    Thanks

Could you post screenshots from your device manager and ProfiLux Control connection settings?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello,

No news since last week because I was changing my computer.
    I have now a new computer, a new Windows 8 and a new cable.
    AND I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE.
    I have been able to have one connection, and then impossible to connect again, even if I restart the computer.

Please find below the pictures screen:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6980/v9c7.jpg
    http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7445/cf83.jpg
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2729/njw7.jpg

Could you post screenshots from your device manager?

what do you mean?
    What is the device manager if it is not included in the 3 pictures I provided you with?

What is the device manager
    The Windows program to show system devices.
    Press <WINDOWS>+<PAUSE> and you will see the device manager directly or at left menu (depending on windows version)
    Alternativly you can call "devmgmt.msc" on a command line

An other way is to open it directly from PLC (knob down below in the port settings )

In the tab the serial ports are the ones you should look at.