Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunderstorm on AI LED modules

We send exactly the commands according to the techincal docs we have from Aqua Illumination.

When they meanwhile changed their protocol without notifying us I would be irritated a little bit, but I can`t imagine this, they know that we spent a lot of time in programming the AI-interface for the ProfiLux.

Of course you can connect a PC RS232 interface in parallel to check what happens during communication, you will see the sent commands for example with a terminal program.
    But I doubt that this will help us to find the source of the problem.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok, do you have any suggestion on how we proceed. Could you give me the spec. of the RS232 command that you send so I can try if my units flash from a terminal program?

I'll be happy to help you and AI to solve this. Do you want me to post a video of the problem?

--Mats

I have been in direct touch with AI, it seems that some lamp types need additional commands to operate correctly during flashes.
    As soon as I got all needed information from AI I will try to change the communication.

Since we have a NDA I am not allowed to give you details regarding the protocol, the only one who could give you more technical details is AI.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you very much for your help!

Another thunderstorm related question....Do I need to restart the Profilux when I have unchecked the thunderstorm box? I still get flashes when unchecked.

--Mats

Settings are active as soon as you save them, no need for restart (exception: LAN settings)
    What thunderstorm box do you mean - in the illumination settings?
    This has no effect for AI lamps.

to the flash issue:
    I discussed what to do with the engineer of AI and it seems we already have a correct protocol, so I need some more information from you:
    - exact lamp type
    - settings in the ProfiLuxControl AI section (screenshot)
    - exact description of your problem (flash too long?) - details?

Ok, its the setting in the Illumination 1,2,3 etc.

Ok, the SOL units are just a few month old, do you need a serial number or firmware version? I was not aware that there was different models of AI SOL, it's a 3 channel lamp. I'll post all other info as soon as possible.

Thanks!

OK Here is some more info

i also have the same problem with thunderstorms....

Before i had the sol WHITE units which worked perfectly....

then i upgraded to sol BLUE.... meaning i changed the driver board and the pucks..... it seems that the sol BLUE use 3 channels to control white blue and royal blue.... BUT thunderstorm is another issue

controlling light intensity with the profilux is working ok

If you start a thunderstorm though here is what happens....

flashes start ok .... at around 2 minutes when lights start to dimm then thunderstorm looks more like a cabaret show
    different units light up at 100&% in all channels for a second then dimm down then proceed with thunder.....

Here is the weirdest part.....

if you have your lights at 0% total darkness. and start a thunderstorm then everything is working PERFECT!! this i discovered by accident since i had a setting for random thunderstorms and one night i got a perfect one at 01:00 in the morning.... it was the best show ever

Hope this helps

Christos

Thanks for the input Christos!

Matthias, I have posted all the settings. I also have a .mov file that shows the problem but it's 80Mb, can I upload it to you in some way?

I have posted settings for all my Illumination channels, Thunderstorm page (I've only used "Start manual thunderstorm" when I tested) and the AI settings.
    The problem I have is that the flash is way too long, If I can send you the movie you'll see.
    Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Mats
    Attached Images Attached Images

upload it on youtube and make a link

Hi

First.... sorry for my bad english!

I have testing the Problem with Thunderstorm, follow selection i have a good thunder action!

AI-setting.jpg

LED-Grup 1, are Canel 2 (AI blue)
    LED-Grup 2, are Canel 3 (AI royal blue)
    LED-Grup 3, are Canel 1 (AI white)

Flash intensy... i have maximum setting 9!

Illum1.jpg

Illumination 1

I have selection only the Thunderstorm, not clouds
    This are the white AI LED!

Illum2.jpg

Illumination 2

I have no choice in the simulation
    This are the blue AI LED!

Illum3.jpg

Illumination 3

Selection only the Moonphase
    This are the royale blue AI LED!

Thunderstorm.jpg

Thunderstorm

Intensity selection 20%

Darkening selection 100%
    Of course they can choose more or less Darkening

In the case of the AI controller during a thunderstorm, only the white LED in operation!
    Last edited by Baumbart; 26.08.2011 at 07:10.
    Grüsse Andi