Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunderstorm on AI LED modules

Default Thunderstorm on AI LED modules

I am wondering if we could get more of a "strobe light" effect when lighting is produced from the white led's on the AI modules. They are too slow for it to look right so I don't even bother activating the feature.

They should be able to handle a faster on/off sequence just like the GHL LED sticks.

you should ask Chris from AI this question, we can`t answer this
    -> please keep us informed

Here is his reply.

Hi Dan,

The intensity can be increased, and the number of times can be increased, but it's speed is somewhat limited.

Using sfX where X is a value between 0 and 9 will change the intensity, and fl3X where X is between 0 and 9 and is the number of times it happens.

-Chris
    Then I asked: "Can you explain why the LED's in the AI modules are limited when compared to the LED lights in the GHL flash stick?"

This was his reply:
    Dan,

When Matthias and I originally discussed adding this feature, we determined that it should be done as quick as possible; < 1 sec.

The actual routine to flash is very simple, and from what we've seen (especially at 10 counts) very quick.

There has to be a delay for a few reasons; on being the amount of transient power consumed by the arrays and the burden on the power supply. It is possible that if it's too fast it will cause the power supply to turn off as a protection mechanism (not by our design, but the manufacturer of the supply)

Because of the shear intensity, it can also be seen as just slight dimming. To visually see a complete on and off, this speed was necessary.

BR,
    -Chris

yes, you can't compare the lights because they have a complete different technology.

The AI lamps first purpose is to get as many light as possible, our lamp is for effects only.

I can`t comment his statement since I am not the developer of the AI lamps but it sounds reasonable.

We can`t do anything on our side to change the behaviour.

Interesting, but I cannot get the intensity off of the 5 level on the GHL software.
    Herr Dr. iur. WESheltonJ
    GHL Proflilux 3 eX, w/ (2) Digital Power bars, GHL Temp, Salinity, & ORP Probes, AD pH Probe & AI LED light

The intensity in the AI section does not determine how dark the lights become during a thunderstorm. This can be set under the cloud settings (max. darkening).
    Test it with 100%

Hi, I have tested thunderstorm feature on my AI modules and I can't get it right. Is it even possible?

The first problem is the flashes that hardly look like a flash, the light just light up at 100% for about a sec. Is it possible to set the maximum level of a flash?

The intensity setting is the next problem, it always say 5 even if i set another value, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Any help appreciated.

--Mats

the communication to AI goes only one way: ProfiLux -> AI

so it is not possible to read out the current flash level, when you adjust it you will always see the default (5) even when the stored value in the AI lamp differs

the flash should not activate the lamps for 1s, this should be a few miliseconds

with the AI lamps I had here for testing it worked pretty well, but I don't know if they changed their firmware in regards to flashing - maybe you contact AI directly if you think there are issues with the flashes

ProfiLux just sends a command like "flash now" - it is the job of the AI lamp to "produce" a flash then
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thanks, I'll ask them.

--Mats

Hi,

This is the response I've got from AI regarding the problem I have with flashes during a thunderstorm. Is there anyway I can connect the Profilux to a terminal to debug what command it sends?

Justin Walsh, Aug-16 15:37 (CDT):
    Hello Mats,

Yes I did and I apologize about not getting back to you earlier. Unfortunately I believe that they may have a command in the controller that wont accept properly, therefore receiving erratic thunderstorm behavior. The only I reason I say this is because if you were to input our controller into your system this would not happen. You may need to contact them and see if they can give you an answer as to why it is not working properly.

Best of luck and keep me posted...

Kindest Regards,

Justin
    AI