Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disable AWC when reservoir is empty..

Default Disable AWC when reservoir is empty..

Hi guys.

Im running AWC on my PIII ex, with great pleasure, and stability, but i want to disable the AWC when my reservoir with saltwater is empty. the only way i can think of is program a two gates in programmable logic to control the sockets for AWC drain and AWC fill, where the sensor i have installed at the bottom of my reservoir, can block for AWC Drain and fill, but i wonder if there is another way to do this...

What i was thinking of doing was...

Programmable logic

G1: AND Drain Water1, Fill Water (ATO Only) Level sensor at the buttom of the reservoir
    G2: AND Fill Water (AWC Only), Fill Water (ATO Only) Level sensor at the buttom of the reservoir

Let G1 control socket for drain pump
    Let g2 control the socket for Fill pump

Thereby, the pumps for the function in theory wont run if theres no water in the tank, but i dont know how the AWC function is reacting in the PIII, when the timer starts the AWC, and no water is changed, will it time out, or ....

Id love to have a function for this.

Best reg

Tom
    Last edited by gnisten; 15.08.2013 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by gnisten View Post
    Hi guys.

Im running AWC on my PIII ex, with great pleasure, and stability, but i want to disable the AWC when my reservoir with saltwater is empty. the only way i can think of is program a two gates in programmable logic to control the sockets for AWC drain and AWC fill, where the sensor i have installed at the bottom of my reservoir, can block for AWC Drain and fill, but i wonder if there is another way to do this...

What i was thinking of doing was...

Programmable logic

G1: AND Drain Water1, Fill Water (ATO Only) Level sensor at the buttom of the reservoir
    G2: AND Fill Water (AWC Only), Fill Water (ATO Only) Level sensor at the buttom of the reservoir

Let G1 control socket for drain pump
    Let g2 control the socket for Fill pump

Thereby, the pumps for the function in theory wont run if theres no water in the tank, but i dont know how the AWC function is reacting in the PIII, when the timer starts the AWC, and no water is changed, will it time out, or ....

Id love to have a function for this.

Best reg

Tom
    Now i found out that when the AWC is enabled, and the pumps not draining, then the function stays active draining water, and the AWC is active on the P-touch panel. It could be nice if the AWC resets itself, after a while, if nothing happens...

Hi gnisten,

Did you find a solution for this? I'm trying to do the same thing.

Thanks.
    Andrew

Yes, i solved it via programable logic, where the drain pump is barred, when theres no water left. When the awc runs with no water in the reservoir, then i get a short beep from the Profilux, no alarm to reset. it beeps shortly every time the AWC try to run, and no water is drained, and the max time in the sensor setting is reached (30 sec for my setup). Not a pretty solution but it works...

Hi Tom,

I have been searching the web continually trying to find this solution!

would you be able to provide the details on how you set the levels/programmable logic please?

Thanks

Ben

No need to worry, I managad to get it work by setting a level to ATO and disabling the waters drain/fill on an alarm!

Can you upload screenshot of your settings?

The perfect solution would be to activate AWC through programmable logic when the level sensor for a full reservoir is triggered. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, programmable logic isn't that flexible - AWC cannot be started via programmable logic.

GHL - will this be possible any time in the future? It would be a great addition to programmable logic!

I supposed that would depend on how you are using the AWC function, but in my instance i think having the AWC activated by a timer/event is perfect. I use my level sensor in my reservoir to only trigger when the reservoir is empty.

Keneil01 i will upload my screen shots this evening but in essence by settings are as following

Timer :
    07:50 every day as an "event"

Level :
    control 1 = Water Change & ATO with 2 level sensors (level 3 & 4) Max on time = 00:01:30 (I only change a small amount of water on a daily basis) These control levels in my sump

Control 2 = ATO only using level 6 (float switch with inverted set to Yes) Max on time set to 00:03:10 this controls reservoir level de-select the alarm auto reset
    The reason I have set the max on time on the ATO to 00:03:10 is to prevent the alarm triggering half way through a water change, should the float switch be triggered. My whole water change cycle is completed in less than 3 mins. The float switch is located amount 25mm from the bottom of the reservoir allowing for enough water to complete a AWC cycle should the float switch get triggered.

Programable logic
    G1 = Input 1 = Drain water 1
    AND
    Input 2 = General Alarm [Inverted]

G2 = Input 1 = Fill Water 1
    AND
    Input 2 = General Alarm [Inverted]
    Sockect :
    Switch 1 (Drain PUMP) = Programmable logic 1
    Switch 2 (Fresh Saltwater) = Programmable logic 1

The great thing about using the alarm function to disable a water change is you are quickly reminded when your reservoir is empty. As soon as your reservoir is full again you just need to reset the alarm and that’s it!!! I’m constantly logging into my Profilux remotely and the first thing I see is a list of reminder or alarms.
    If you wanted to go one step further you could always add a conductivity probe to the reservoir and add this to the programmable logic so the water drain/water fill won’t be activated until the probe detects a specific value.