Thread: 4 L-ports 6 channels light

Default 4 L-ports 6 channels light

Hi
    I'm planning my DIY led with my Profilux II Light as the controller.
    It has only 4 L-ports but the webpage says it is able to control 8 channels. (http://aquariumcomputer.com/System__..._ii_light.html)

I plan for 6 channels total.

How do I hook that up? It seems to me that LedControl 4 needs one L-port per channel.

BR Jakob

A channel is not the same as a L-port.
    L-Port: Physical output
    Channel: Logical time programming system
    You can access a channel to all or none L-port or only for one or two days a week.

So that means that I connect one L-port to the Ledcontrol 4 and can control to 4 pwm channels?

So that means that I connect one L-port to the Ledcontrol 4 and can control to 4 pwm channels?
    No. This means that the Profilux II Light has four physical L-ports which all will be needed if you want to control the four independent outputs of a LEDControl4

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    No. This means that the Profilux II Light has four physical L-ports which all will be needed if you want to control the four independent outputs of a LEDControl4
    Hi Gunther,
    I think you might not be correct there.

Did you mean to say "No. This means that the Profilux II Light has four physical L-ports, two of which will be needed if you want to control the four independent outputs of a LEDControl4"

In answer to the question from jakob.boysen

If you want to control 6 channels of lighting, you will need 3 L ports. Each L port allows for 2 channels of 1-10v control.
    You would then plug the cables from the LEDControl4 into a L port. Each L port will control 2 of the PWM outputs from the LEDControl4

This would mean that to control 6 PWM channels, you will need 2 x LEDControl4. One will control 4 PWM channels and one will control 2 PWM channels.

You will also have 2 spare channels

eg.

Profilux II Light, L1/2 (1-10v channel 1) -> LEDControl4 1 (Input 1, channel 1) -> PWM 1 -> Driver -> LEDS
    Profilux II Light, L1/2 (1-10v channel 2) -> LEDControl4 1 (Input 1, channel 2) -> PWM 2 -> Driver -> LEDS
    Profilux II Light, L3/4 (1-10v channel 1) -> LEDControl4 1 (Input 2, channel 1) -> PWM 3 -> Driver -> LEDS
    Profilux II Light, L3/4 (1-10v channel 2) -> LEDControl4 1 (Input 2, channel 2) -> PWM 4 -> Driver -> LEDS
    Profilux II Light, L5/6 (1-10v channel 1) -> LEDControl4 2 (Input 1, channel 1) -> PWM 1 -> Driver -> LEDS
    Profilux II Light, L5/6 (1-10v channel 2) -> LEDControl4 2 (Input 1, channel 2) -> PWM 2 -> Driver -> LEDS

Hi Gunther,
    I think you might not be correct there.
    I think, I am right

Did you mean to say "No. This means that the Profilux II Light has four physical L-ports, two of which will be needed if you want to control the four independent outputs of a LEDControl4"
    No, I meat what I wrote, due the PLII light has no L5/L6. The Profilux II Light has four physical L-ports (two sockets) which all are needed to control the four possible channels of a LEDControl4.

Ok, is there an error on the website where it says it can control 8 channels of illumination?

I don't understand how it can control 8 channels if there are only 4x1-10v interface.

thanks for confirming, sorry if I have misleading info.

Ok, is there an error on the website where it says it can control 8 channels of illumination?

I don't understand how it can control 8 channels if there are only 4x1-10v interface.
    I´ve answered that already in post #2