Thread: Help on the connection

Default Help on the connection

Hello,

I am trying to set up the connection but a having some doubts on the app

-Name?? any name??
    -Host?? is the same as DNS??
    -Port its 80??
    -Password, i never add a password on profilux??

What about on the pc profilux software i need to do something?

Thanks

-Name?? any name??
    A name that enables you to recognize the tank you want to connect to (if you have more than one)

-Host?? is the same as DNS??
    http://your.webaddress.ext/ -> this may be an internal or external IP or an external address forwarded via a DynDNS service. In any case it has to point to the webserver of the Profilux

-Port its 80??
    Mostly. It depends on what you have set in PLC/LAN settings

-Password, i never add a password on profilux??
    Bad idea. Set it for Admin and User with PLC

Please check also the firmware version of ProfiLux Computer. App supports only firmware >5.16. The latest stable version 5.16 is available here. Firmware 5.17 will be released this or next week.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello,

A name that enables you to recognize the tank you want to connect to (if you have more than one)
    Ok

http://your.webaddress.ext/ -> this may be an internal or external IP or an external address forwarded via a DynDNS service. In any case it has to point to the webserver of the Profilux
    The link is not working, at least for me.
    I'm using a house connection with a Thomson TG787 where i use one of the connection on a switch, then i have a PLC levelone PLI-3021 plug on the switch and nears of the profilux i have the other PLC to connect to the Profilux.
    On the settings of the Thompson i can know the the IP or the DNS its the DNS?

Mostly. It depends on what you have set in PLC/LAN settings
    i'm using the plc

Bad idea. Set it for Admin and User with PLC
    Ok i think it was a profilux password

Please check also the firmware version of ProfiLux Computer. App supports only firmware >5.16. The latest stable version 5.16 is available here. Firmware 5.17 will be released this or next week.
    Yes its the 5.16

Thanks.

The link is not working, at least for me.

This was an example for pointing to the webserver of the Profilux, not a real address.
    First (before you do anything else) ensure you can reach the webserver of the Profilux via browser. The line you input into your browser is the one you have to put in there.

'm using the plc
    ?? What does that mean? I´ve pointed you to check the LAN settings and set passwords with PLC - have you done that?

Ok i think it was a profilux password
    There are three passwords for the Profilux: The one to access via PLC, and two for access to the webserver, one for Admin and one for User.

BTW: Which Profilux model do you have?

I apologize Gunther but as told you i'm very newbie on this, i don't know how do that...

ensure you can reach the webserver of the Profilux via browser. The line you input into your browser is the one you have to put in there.
    how i do that??

BTW: Which Profilux model do you have?
    The model is the profilux 3 aquatic bus
    Last edited by Anthony Neto; 08.08.2013 at 16:50.

In my opinion you should have a full detail to how setup this... my head is exploding!!!

Please....

hello there,

I have some update, after many hour and some help with some friends the app works but just with the wireless at home, i think its the webserver, how i can get that?

i think its the webserver
    If it´s working @ home it will also from external connect - if the router settings are correct.