Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tunze 6055 & ProfiLux - NO fish protection function!

Thank you for your clarification, Matthias!

I was aware of the fact that the fish protection function is embedded in the pump (or at least Tunze says so), but I was wondering if the controller wouldn't be able to disable it. I mean, the pump proper (the part in the water) needs to receive some intermitent electric potential at its input in order to be able to execute the expected spins. It would have been possible that an inadequate control potential (from the controller) during idle time to make the intermitent pump potential (from the pump power supply) fall under the necessary value.

I understand from your reply this is deffinately NOT the case. Please correct me if my understanding is erroneous!

...And if I'm right, this discussion has to be continued in Tunze's yard (which is quite difficult, as they clearly forbid controlling their pumps by any other device but their dedicated controllers).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to all contributors to this thread!

Something you may wish to check is that you are not turning off the pumps during inactivity (the check box in the current pump, edit window for each pump).

I think this turns the power off to the pump, not just sends a low voltage.

If that is the case, it would explain what you are seeing.

even this would not affect the fish care function

only removing the power totally (with a powerbar socket) would do this
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I think I understand what Matthias is saying: as long as the power supply unit of the pump is plugged in a functional power socket, even without any voltage input from the controller, the pump should move from time to time.

Anyway, thank you for your input, CaptCrash, I was originally thinking about something similar as I'm controlling these pumps through a couple of illumination channels, not through the standard pumps control channels. Your suggestion is thus highly appreciated!

And thank you again, Matthias, for excluding that eventuality too!

You guys are just fantastic, I'm starting to fall in love with this virtual community!
    Last edited by leontet; 12.08.2013 at 19:35.