Thread: Need Help! GHL Level-Sensor, contactless (PL-0627) doesn't work as expected

Default Need Help! GHL Level-Sensor, contactless (PL-0627) doesn't work as expected

Hello Support team and Community,

I really need help with GHL contactless sensor. I bought this sensor:

image.png

And I'm trying to setup ATO for may ELOS Sump.
    WP_20130805_002.jpg

It work in positions 2 and 3 but it does not work in position 1 - and sensitivity tuning didn't help me. Sensor never switch on mode if water exceeded or never turn off if water below the sensor.

how can I fix it? Thank you!
    Vadim

There is some kind of screen/view protection on your tank wall. Obviously this blocks the sensor. Any kind of metallic or metal based coating will disturb the measurement (also metalized glass)

how can I fix it?
    If it´s working on bare glass, you can try to remove the screen. But for sure, this may not be an option due warranty or the hardness of the coating - in this case you can´t use a contact-less sensor.

Hello Gunther,

Thank you for quick response. I had same idea regarding external screen protection. And it is why I remover a little bit in position 1, but sensor working well in position two (without protection) and position 3 (with it). But it is not working in position 1 with removed cover(see pic). And there is no any covers inside of samp

may be some thing wrong with sensor?

thank you.
    Vadim

if it works in some positions and in others not I doubt that the sensor is defective

maybe glass thickness (or material), metal parts or electromagnetic fields are different
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.