Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware not finishing upload

Frage Firmware not finishing upload

Posting for a new user who has not had his account accepted yet

"I also have problem with upgrading the firmware to 1.14. It keeps getting disconnected n tells me to unplug for a few seconds then plug back in. I did exactly what it says, but the process stop at step 4/5. I waited for a while then restart the light but firmware still shows 1.13 I tried both windows XP and windows 7"

Please could you assist - thanks.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

does the USB-update driver show up in the device manager after starting the update mode in the lamp?

what COM-port does this driver have and wht is the name of it?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

i will find out or ask him to reply here he is still waiting to be accepted onto this forum.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    does the USB-update driver show up in the device manager after starting the update mode in the lamp?

what COM-port does this driver have and wht is the name of it?
    Yes, it does. I double checked by clicking on "device" during setup and it showed in there connected to COM4

I'm at work right now so I can't double check the name but it was something that contains "GHL" in it.

I had the same issue and followed the step by step instruction http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...date-firm-ware and it work great.

Cheers
    KS

Thanks, I'll try again. The thing is my computer recognizes it as soon as I plug it in with no issue so I didn't have to install it manually. Anyway, I'll try to uninstall the driver and reinstall it manually to see if it works.

phews!!! got driver updated. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by dattong View Post
    phews!!! got driver updated. Thanks all.
    What do you do

Your comp may find a driver for Mitras automatically when you plug it in, but in order to compete the update process you need to install its driver manually through step 2 in the installation windows. Just follow the instructions in the manual. My problem was I thought the driver had been installed when I first plugged it in the comp. I saw a message pop up saying device is ready to use, but you must install the driver the way the manual shows you.