Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: long response time for webserver

Ausrufezeichen long response time for webserver

I have a Netgear R6300 router its the fastest router on the market at 750mbps all other devices in my house are super quick with no issues.
    AWC stops when not complete as a example the drain pupm started before it reached the level sensor it stoped as though the connection dropped out the profilux was not on manual override any more and the ATO started so I guess it didn't complete or timeout as I was watching it.

tried again last night and nothing stays on, I went to clean skimmer again last night as well and went into manual override checked screen on profilux it shows manual override flashing turn skimmer socket off wait 15-20 seconds and skimmer starts again and profilux is back to the normal display screen

Quote Originally Posted by muz_zz View Post
    tried again last night and nothing stays on, I went to clean skimmer again last night as well and went into manual override checked screen on profilux it shows manual override flashing turn skimmer socket off wait 15-20 seconds and skimmer starts again and profilux is back to the normal display screen
    See if your Time Out settings have changed.

Check this:

On the PLC main screen click on:

• Connection
    • TCP/IP
    • Settings Button (simply 3 dots in a square)
    • Whichever connection you're using (it has a check mark in front of it)
    • Select it (double click to go into EDIT mode)
    • See what you have listed under "Timeout"

I have 200000 in that block and it works great.

Put a large # in this box >>> click SAVE >>>> and give it a try to see if your system stays connected longer now.

If that doesn't work trying resetting your router to "Default Settings". I've seen this cause the same problem too.

Thanks BigAl for the help but I am having the issues with the new web server
    Rather than having to get the laptop out and use PLC I wanted to use the web server on the iPad to simplify things a little and make good use of it
    I don't have any issues with PLC
    So from what I can work out the time out doesn't have anything to do with the web server? Only PLC over the network is this correct and I have already sorted the timeout to 5000 and it has been running fine
    Tried again last night and same results with the web server it just takes a long time to react and the just drops out

so the main issue is a long response time and sometimes the communication drops out?
    this seems also to be the case with a PLC-P3 connection and could only be solved by an extremely high timeout?
    (usually 1s is more than enough)

-> then there is obviously a general problem with the network

we increased the speed of the web interface for the new version (5.17 of today, download will be updated today), this maybe solves your problems a little, but I doubt that is the correct and final solution for your issue
    you should find out why the communication in your network is so slow in the first place
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Matthias,
    I don't know if you are understanding my question correctly
    My PLC on the network is no problem I use my laptop on the wifi network for PLC
    My web server on the wifi network drops out consistently loose connection with the Profilux wether on the network or from 3G (external) from my wifi network I stream movies over my wifi network to my smart tv with no issues my son plays online gaming for hours at a time with no issues or lagging on the wifi network
    So my wifi network is not slow its super fast actually!
    I have a web ip cam on the tank also that streams fine through the wifi network and external of,the network and never drops out!
    The issue I am finding is only with the web server loosing connection with the Profilux

Has anyone else tried to use the web server to turn things on or off? If so are you experiencing any issues as I have described? Surely I'm not the only one
    Last edited by muz_zz; 24.07.2013 at 13:15.

please try the new firmware from today (download comes in a few minutes) and let us talk then
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Muz_zz,

did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. When connected to my profilux via the webserver or android app. i can manually override the socket, but it reverts back to its original state in 15 seconds or so..

thanks

No I haven't

Still is doing the same on 6.04
    Flooded my stand when I tried it with 6.04 the bio pellet reactor re-started when I had the lid off and water and pellets every where till I could get laptop started and go into plc to turn off
    Very bad....

I have the same issue . Any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by muz_zz View Post
    No I havnen't

Still is doing the same on 6.04
    Flooded my stand when I tried it with 6.04 the bio pellet reactor re-started when I had the lid off and water and pellets every where till I could get laptop started and go into plc to turn off
    Very bad....

I have the same issue no matter which software I use, it constantly disconnects and searches, connects and disconnects. I gave up a long time ago. Pretty p#ss poor for the amount you pay for the gear!