Thread: Onyx fixture from rapidled

Default Onyx fixture from rapidled

Hi, I have recently bought 4 dimmable LED fixtures from Rapidled. Im looking for a computer that i can use to adjust the dimming. Can i use profilux 3?

Here is a link to the fixtures: http://www.rapidled.com/dimmable-onyx-by-rapid-led/

Thanks for replying!

I have the same question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My understanding of the Onyx fixtures is that they have three channels of control via 0-10v interface and a single power supply for each fixture.

This combination sort of sits in the middle of a few GHL products.

Option 1 - Components only on the Profilux side, no changes to LED pendent.
    To allow you to turn on/off each fixture you can simply plug the power into a power bar, this will turn on/off the entire pendant.
    Then to control the dimming of each of the three colour segments of the lamp, you can use 3 x LBF-AP (PL-0067), 3 x L Cables (PL-0295), 1 x YL2-1 splitter cable (PL-0096)
    You will require 3 free 0-10v interfaces on your controller (2 L sockets). If you need to add more you can use the PLM-4L
    With the Onyx you can order the 3 mono to bare wires cable harness.

Option 2 - Greater control of the Pendent.
    By installing 1xEVG-AP-2F and 1xEVG-AP-1F inside of the pendent, you would be able to control the three dimmable channels plus turn off the power to each driver independently when it was not in use.
    You will require 3 free 0-10v interfaces on your controller (2 L sockets). If you need to add more you can use the PLM-4L
    With the Onyx you would not order a wire harness. But you would need to order long enough cables to run from the pendent to your controller for each EVG-AP-xF board (VSL-1, VSL-2.5 or VSL-5).
    However without knowing how the fans etc are connected, it would be difficult to explain how to do this.

Note: Because the L sockets each have two 0-10v interfaces, if you will have a left over interface. To use it, order an additional YL2-1 splitter cable.

There are probably other ways to do this. If you dont want to disassemble the fixture, then use option one. It also would not hinder your warranty on the fixture.

First of all thx for the detailed explanation!

Thank you for a nice instruction!

Well. Last week I orderd a realy long list of GHL parts. Hopefully the parts will arrive to Norway next week. I will post pictures of the Onyx installation when im done.

Can i have two LBF-AP connected via Y splitter to one port of the exp. Box?

Or...

Can i plug my 8 LBF-AP to my exp box shown on the picture, or do I need to add more cards to exp box?

Regarding this question, you have to keep in mind that only max. 20mA may be connected to one 1-10V interface.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So then i need 2 x 4 interface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone confirm that this is the card I need to order? ghl PL-0370 (plm-4l)
    Im planning to buy 3...