Thread: Vortech Module - Ecosmart Modes

Default Vortech Module - Ecosmart Modes

I have two mp40's on my back wall, one MP60 on the side is the master pump set to Nutrient Export and the other MP60 is on the opposite side set to anti-sync slave.

I'm confused because light colors on the vortech controller are not matching up to what the ecotech manual says.

From the manual...
    In this mode,your EcoSmart master driver will be purple and your slave driver will flash white/orange/teal and indicate its speed by the LED strip. The third and fourth LED’s will indicate which EcoSmart mode you are in.

and...
    the master pump running an EcoSmart mode should be positioned on either
    the left or right side of the tank (our illustration shows the master positioned on the right side of the tank). The first slave pump that you add to the aquarium should always be positioned on the opposite side of the tank as the master. If you have a third pump, add that to the back side of the tank (MP10w ES’s are perfect here). Make sure to set the two slave pumps to their proper slave modes, orange for the pump positioned opposite the master, and turquoise for the pump positioned on the back side of the tank.

My master is red and my slave is orange.
    The back slaves are green and always at their minimum flow setting.

Any clue what's going on?

ok, i think i got it. Looks like i somehow ended up with the wrong master pump number in the slave settings.

One other thing i'm still not clear on though, is should my slave mp60 be set to sync or antisync when running ecosmart modes?
    The vortech manual says you don't choose sync or anti-sync since ecosmart mode does everything for you automatically. But of course this is when setting it up using the vortech controllers, not the profilux.

Sorry to drag up an old thread.

I'm currently using the Vortech Controller with 1 x MP40 and 2 x MP10's.

I'm running the MP40 on the left side of the tank, one MP10 on the right side and one MP10 on the back.

When running in Ecosmart Mode (Tidal Swell & NTM), there is no way tell the master (MP40) that the MP10 on the right is Opposite it. You can specify the MP10 on the back. Is there a way to tell the Master that it has a pump opposite it? I can specify Anti-sync, but the Ecosmart software apparently ignores this when in Tidal Swell & NTM modes. Can we get this option added to the firmware easily?

It's a shame to lose this bit of funcationality when using the Vortech Controller.

Looking forward to a reply.

Ben

Please post this wish in our customer's wishes section - thanks.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for the input. So I assume that since you've asked me to add it as a customer wish, that there is currently no option to allow you to specify the locations of the Slave Pumps in relation to the Master Pump during the EcoSmart modes.

I'll raise a request now.

Ben