Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sunrise Sunset simulation by location.

Any updates or is this already "applied" ?

I was wondering the same thing. I started this thread by asking about this over 2 years ago. It was in the firmware but just needed to be activated back in October 2010 firmware 5.04 . Then came PL6. Hummmm. No Sunrise/Sunset and no PL6 software. I may have to program it myself or sell the controller and go with a different company that has this option too. In my opinion it is still the best controller on the market and I know they are still fixing other bugs.
    To bad though. That's basically all its missing. I guess that is why I started this thread under "Customer's Wishes"... Wishes don't always come true.

I just now read this thread an i wonder how usefull this will be ? And exlaining i live in Greece sun here 12-13 hiurs in uk i imagine for example is less . So isn't it better as it is with personal settings as every pne pf us nows our tabks need better ? And eg i start the day at 12 so i will be able when i come home at night to observe it .
    Only pertonal thoughts is this and my opinion. Forgive my english

Tapatalk

Before I bought the Profilux controller I had a Neptune Aqua Controller. It had a sunrise/sunset option. you could pick the sunrise time and it would adjust the length of time your lights would be on through out the year. in the summer the lights would stay on longer and in the winter, the lights would stay on shorter. What I would do is find the location where most of my corals came from and set the time to that. From that setting you could adjust the sunrise to start a few hours later so the lights would be on when you come home from work. From what I have found out from doing this for the last 20+ years is that it's NOT when your lights come on. It's how long there on for. It has to do with the PAR exposure your corals require per day and how much exposure they require for the time of year it is. It's like the leaves on the trees. In the fall of the year the the temperature gets colder and the trees get less PAR exposure. The leaves fall from the trees and grow back when it gets warmer.
    This works for me and is only my opinion. I would rather have this option on this controller than to have some storm setting "light show". The storm setting is good if you own a store and are trying to sell the controllers or if your trying to impress your friends.