Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunrise Sunset simulation by location.

Default Sunrise Sunset simulation by location.

I would like to be able to simulate the varying lengths of the days throughout the year depending on what Location I put in for the Latitude and Longitude settings (like the Neptune Aqua Controller).
    Example: Longer daylight hours in the summer and shorter in the winter. I would still like to have the ability to control the intensity of the lighting output.

will come soon

Thanks Matthias!!!
    That's just what I'm looking for!!!!!

It's been over a year.......Is there ever going to be a sunrise/sunset simulation for the Profilux 3.Or did I just waste a bunch of money on this controller and should have stuck with the Aqua Controller??

actually it is already part of the firmware - we didn`t activate it for the public because we made a long time test

let me see if we can enable it for 5.04 ...
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks. I would like that very much if that could be activated. I really don't want to go back to the Neptune controller.

Quote Originally Posted by mzbwlk View Post
    Thanks. I would like that very much if that could be activated. I really don't want to go back to the Neptune controller.
    without starting a mud sling contest what where the most important criteria that made you choose the P3 ?
    The only controller I ever had was a GHL one

I chose the P3 Because of the amount of control you have with it. Also if your addiction for reefs grow you have the ability to upgrade the unit.
    All of the other manufactures that create controllers don't allow plug in up grades, (ie. if you want to up grade they want you to buy a whole new unit). The team that is working on the Profilux always answers any support questions.....I could go on and on.....Its worth the money!

I made some tests with sunset simulation, it works well but I think we have to think about a few things before activating it in the firmware

- the time from sunrise to sunset can vary significantly over the year (depending on the location) - does it make sense that your tank is illuminated from 9:00AM to 15:00PM at 21. December and from 4:00AM to 8:00PM at 21. July?
    - not only the times for sunset(rise) vary, also the light intensity. does someone want to have 100% brightness in the summer and 30% in the winter?
    - when is sunset and sunrise? there are several definitions (nautic day, astronomic day, urban day etc.) - what definition should be used as basis for the calculation?
    - what options/settings should the user have (considering we don't want to confuse the user)

How would a simulation (compromise of being realistic, easy to use and flexible) look like? what do we expect from this simulation?

That's why I didn't activate the function yet - I am still not sure about the benefit and we don't want to get hundreds of support cases only because of a too complex function which has no use...
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Matthias

Why not allow people to select a list of reefs around the world to simulate? that way if you are in Greenland you don't get 20 Hours of sun light.

I would do tropical climates / belts & let people choose either north or south of the equator