Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise Sunset simulation by location.

I tought it was already ready to be released and already part of the firmware but not enable... now it looks like you guys are planning and the will have to be implemented...

I was talking about the sunrise simulation - this is nearly ready
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    not planned so far - here I can't find any benefit at all - maybe you can list some advantages and convince me to change my mind ...
    I believe it will ad more of a natural cycle for the moon lights in a tank. The moon rise/set happens at a different time each day on a monthly cycle so it could rise at your location at 1pm on and then set at 9pm (just after your lights turn off) then a few days later it could rise at 1am and then set at 9am.

but the weak moon light will not be seen as long as the main illumination is active

the only effect would be that the moon will be switched in the evening at different times - do we want this?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

but the weak moon light will not be seen as long as the main illumination is active

the only effect would be that the moon will be switched in the evening at different times - do we want this?
    Yes I would like that , It would also turn on at different times if moon rise is after sunset.

?for what is this good for? after 12:00 the sun goes down -> use a timer

illumination x can be used as an input for the prog. logic
    in summer in germany sun goes down 23:00 pm in winter 17:00 pm :=) The timer in PL is a static time!
    I need a natural dimming gatter! Calculate HIGH and LOW with the real natural sunshine calculatet on latitude and longitude.
    Jens Meyer

Some corals and fish spawn depending on the lunar cycle I think being accurate with this is better than sunrise sunset personally. It may even invoke some amazing events as we get closer to the real thing

Matthias,
    Any news to when the Sunrise/Sunset Simulation will be working...Hopefully soon

Is there ever going to be a sunrise/sunset simulation option like was going to be implemented in 5.05. I was hoping it was added to the new Profilux Control Version 6 but it looks like I was wrong. Just turn it on in the program so we can Beta Test that too.

of course it will come, but please give us (again) some more time until all the other functions of PLC6 are working correctly