Thread: Latest Firmware Update Not Installing

Default Latest Firmware Update Not Installing

Using parallels on a mac with usb connection on a PIIIex.
    I've had no problems updating in the past, this is the first time.
    It gets about 20% through "erasing flash" and then errors out.

Dennis can you go back and install the previous version by any chance and see if it gets you back up and running?

It's running. No problem there. Just can't install the new firmware.

OK, I tried this and all worked perfect:

PLC 5.1.6.2 on a Win 7 PC
    update of P3eX to 5.16
    (confirm download on device)
    Erasing
    Transmitting
    -> Download successful

tested over RS232 and USB

-> so there is no general problem with the firmware update
    BTW, we didn't change anything in the upgrade process for many versions, neither in PLC nor in the firmware
    so it is extremely unlikely that the reason for this problem has to be searched here, it must be something different
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

to solve your problem:

please explain us step by step what you do (inclusive all messages appearing an actions you perform) and describe exactly when and what is wrong
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

ok, i got it to work... I was an idiot yesterday! I forgot that the profilux computer itself asks you if you want to download and you have to choose yes or no! So it ended up updating fine using a usb cable and parallels on my mac. Ugh. Sorry guys!

But... it might be nice if a window popped up in the profilux software that reminds you to look at the profilix computer screen.

There is a window that pops up with a warning to select the download from the controller before accepting it on the software.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support