Thread: Firmware Update Fail + Profilux won't turn on

Default Firmware Update Fail + Profilux won't turn on

Hello,

I attempted to update my Profilux IIIex's firmware to 5.15 today and it failed. I then attempted to use the FR Flash Tool, which has not worked. I am using a USB. Very quickly after clicking "full operation", I plugged the Profilux back in. I keep getting the error message "No006 unable to open com port". I have my com port set to 008 as that is what my USB is under "network devices". My computer does not have a RS232 port for me to try on. Currently, my Profilux will not turn on so this is an emergency. As you can imagine, I am extremely ********** and need this resolved ASAP.

Thank you.

Try to reboot the pc and the controller and re-plug the USB cable

If you have a ProfiLux 3 and no ProfiLux 3.1, then the Flasher will only work with a serial connection.
    An alternative would be a serial/USB adapter, but it should include the chipset FTDI in order that it will work.

Resolved! Thank you for the quick reply. For the reference of others, I used a Staples USB-Serial adapter and followed the instructions in "Emergency update for Profilux 3 and 3.1". I had forgotten how much I relied on this computer to run my aquarium. It is a relief it is functioning again.

Now to get the iOS app going.