Thread: notifications from app

Default notifications from app

Is it possible for the ghl app to send notifications? It would be handy for alarms from the unit.

I'm not the developer of this app, but I may be able to answer. Push notification would be easy to implement, however it would cause a lot more resource on your phone. At current the app does not run in the background. In order to have push notification. The app would have to log into profilux grab the info and decide if it send a notification or not. Therefore increasing resources the so needs and draining your battery.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I would not mind it using extra battery capacity I all ready have enough apps doing that, especially as it would be reporting a problem in my tank, it would also be cool if they had a widget for the android app

With the three minute timeout on the profilux webserver a widget would br tough. As far as push notifications. I just have profilix send a text when alarm is triggered.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

To send a text you need a SMS unit .

Not true. You can have it send to your phone as a text without it. Under emsil address to send msil your cell provider will have a web address you can use. Like mine is
    [10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net
    Example: 4252555555@tmomail.net
    Sms module is good because it can send message even with power outage.

sent from under the sea