Thread: How many units over this tank?

Default How many units over this tank?

i'm really interested in the new 6200's and looking for opinions on how many units to potentially put over my new tank.

Its going to be 2900 x 914 x 762 (l x w x d) with predominately SPS

Thanks.

If that's mm it comes to

114" x 36" x 30"

Each Mitras can easily cover 36" x 32" of footprint

That would mean you "could" use 3 units like this

= = = but this would leave you a approx 3" on either end with less than "Extreme" light. To be wall to wall SPS you might opt for a 4th unit.

it really depends how you arrange your rocks and corals (all in center, spread all over the tank, ..., do you want very bright and not so bright areas)

I think you should think about 4 ... 5 lamps
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

@Al, I wouldn't be happy with 3 units, I have seen 3 units over a 5ft tank and 2 over a similar sized tank, 2 is too little and 3 a bit too much IMO.

@Matthias, 5 units was my thoughts, the light spread for me would have to be uniformly spread, the corals won't be wall to wall, but would make up a large area in total.

I best get saving up, unless you do interest free credit!