Thread: Problem with complete shut down of green light and independent control

Default Problem with complete shut down of green light and independent control

Hey,

So I'm setting up an aquarium system, but I have two problem that I don't know how to solve.
    In general I have a system with 4 independent rows of lights (Aqua Styl Light RBG + 1 x warm white + 1 x cool white) that are connected to independent LEDControl4 V2 devices (one per row) and as controller I use ProfiLux 3.1A with an extension card PLM-4L and an ProfiLux extension box.

1. I can't control all the 5 light channels (per row) independently in the ProfiLux computer! I can control blue, red and green + warm white + cool white, that means only 3 independent channels. Any ideas?

2. I have a huge problem with the green light. So in the "row 1" I have no green light at all, while in the "row 2" and "row 3" I can't shut it down completely. Does someone have had the same problem? Any idea of what could be wrong?

I will certainly be glad to hear any helpful idea.

Sounds like a wiring problem. Due the original Aquastyle controller only has three channels, mostly two or three channels are connected together. You have to split the cables to control every channel independently.

For your row 1 it sounds like a bad contact or a broken cable, row 2+3 may be a wrong setting (to hight minimum voltage). But without further informations this is only a guess.

Remark: The LEDControl4 controls only four channels, so if you want every row and every color independently, you have to add another LEDControl4 (4 rows with 5 channels = 20 output channels).

Als an alternative you can connect the colors of the rows together to one LEDControl4 as long as you don´t overstep current limit.