Thread: Simu-L Control

Default Simu-L Control

3 Questions:

1. Do I set the Simu-L up as a dimmable light?

2. Is it possible to control the output of each color, or is it just blue/white on at the same time and red/orange on at the same time?

3. Also when you have the program LED functions, I don't get the deep blue vs say white/blue, is that function for something other then the simu-l? (possibly related to question 2)

Michael
    Last edited by pyrrhusmj; 15.08.2009 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrrhusmj View Post
    3 Questions:

1. Do I set the Simu-L up as a dimmable light?

2. Is it possible to control the output of each color, or is it just blue/white on at the same time and red/orange on at the same time?

3. Also when you have the program LED functions, I don't get the deep blue vs say white/blue, is that function for something other then the simu-l? (possibly related to question 2)

Michael
    OK, I have #1 figured out, but still looking for answers to the last 2.

Michael

1) If you want to dim the led then yes!

2) You can control the output of the blue & white leds together and the output of the orange/red leds seperately. You can't control the blue and white leds seperately.

3) When programming the Simu-L it needs to be the only device attached to the 1-10v ports. It will change the colour bias on the stick slightly. I believe it maybe that only the more recent Simu-L sticks support it but I could be wrong. Matthias will be able to tell you.

Regards

Matt

to 3.) - Matt is right, the difference is only very slight with earlier models, the difference of the light color is larger in the newest Simu-L

Got it, thank you.

Michael