Thread: Using programmable logic for a skimmer delay

Default Using programmable logic for a skimmer delay

Hi, I'm sorry if this is redundant, but I did come across some other threads that describe doing this and I tried to implement it and have failed.

My setup: P3eX, firmware 5.15, PLC 5.1.6.1

My skimmer is on S18, set to Programmable Logic 1 (5 min blackout delay). My return pump is on S17 and is set as Filter 1 (5 min blackout delay).

G1 is set to Filter 1, delayed on.

I would like the skimmer to turn on after some set delay (I'm testing 10 seconds right now) and, as set above, there is no delay after I initiate a feed pause (Maintenance1), which turns S17 and S18 off, and then cancelling it. Both the return pump and skimmer turn back on at the same time.

Where is the fault in my (programmable) logic?
    Last edited by dipan; 03.05.2013 at 21:20.

the delay will only occur if you start the feed pause, not the maintenance
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Matthias, I knew it was something simple like that ... I will start using the feed pause for feeding

On another note, can you help me with something else? I can start a new thread, but this may be just as simple. I would like to accomplish a salinity compensation circuit for the small amount of water I remove via the skimmer. My simple plan was to create a timer that called for the AWC fill pump (I have a working ATO/AWC configuration using the built-in ATO/AWC features of the Profilux and two float valves). I can create a timer just fine, but how do I assign it to the AWC fill pump socket as this is already assigned to AWC fill function and I can't assign it to the timer also. Can programmable logic here let me do both with the same pump?

Well I decided to tinker. I just used programmable logic to solve this.

G2 - Timer 2 OR AWC fill.
    S15 assigned to G2.

Timer 2 is set for "short" function as my AWC pump is 600ml/min, running 10s for now.
    S15 is where my AWC pump is plugged in.

Programmable logic is pretty neat. It looks like it was designed to match the controller to nearly any configuration. And this is just scratching the surface.