Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Profilux questions

Hmm.. That got me confusing.. lets say i have a 10V 250mA adapter.. Can this be connected without anything to the PLM-ADIN card? Thanks

Any inputs? I plan to order the items this week from Germany.. I want to get all necessary parts in one order.

You are mixing analog and digital signal inputs of the adin card. See also manual for ADIN card

• Analog input is awaiting 0-10V against an internal restistance of 20kOhm (so the needed load is very low, app. 0,5mA)
    • Digital input is awaiting to be switched against ground, resistance is 100kOhm, so also a very low current

So for digital input you need a switch, a float, a transistor or any other switching device with no load.
    If you connect a power source to the digital input, you risk to destroy the card.

I understand what you mean. So i can use the auxiliary voltage on pin 1 and attach it to a DC switch-relay, then connect the output of the DC switch-relay to analog input. When the relay switches status (for example electric failure), i can trigger power failure alert. Is this correct? Thank you!

I understand what you mean.
    Not really, I think ....

So i can use the auxiliary voltage on pin 1 and attach it to a DC switch-relay, then connect the output of the DC switch-relay to analog input. When the relay switches status (for example electric failure), i can trigger power failure alert.
    You can do so, but it makes no sense. Analog input is - as the name suggests - to measure something, not to switch on and off. If you do so, you waste an analog input.

To have a power failure alert, connect a relay to your power source and the switched relay contacts to one of the four digital inputs and ground of the ADIN card. When the relay switches, the ADIN card will recognize this and send an alert (if it´s programmed in that way).

A fool with a tool is still a fool.. Its very complicated for a non electric/electronic person to understand some of these stuff.. Thanks for explaining it patiently..

Hello All,
    I have made my purchase for 3.1N starter kit, tunze cables, the cooler fans and PLM-ADIN. With support from you guys i will hopefully set it up soon.

Hello I have another question,
    I am very happy with my Profilux 3N and want to add the redox and conductivity measurement ability as well. It seems i have 2 options ;

a) get extend kit
    b) get an expansion box

Am i correct? even though expansion box is more expensive it includes several future expansion options so would be my first choice. Please let me know.

If I were in your shoes I would absolutely add the Ex Box. It has a lot of BANG for the buck and allows a lot of future expansion.

Exp box