Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Profilux questions

Default Profilux questions

Hello all,
    I am thinking about investing in an aquarium controller. I plan to upgrade my tank next year so its an investment for future. Because of backward compatibility and openness i am keen on getting Profilux.

My current setup (240lt) has a Tunze ATO , 3X tunze 6055 on 7096 controller. Non dimable ATI sunpower 6x39... a DIY 6 fan cooler on thermostat.. I also have a gel battery 100Ah with tunze safety connector on the pumps for emergency situations. I do balling method with bubble magus doser which i need to replace soon...

For my next tank (600l) i plan to get ATI hybrid powermodule and keep the rest of the equipment as is and add some Tunze 6095s or Vortech MP40s as needed.

For profilux investment i plan to get the following

PL 3N starter set
    Tunze & Y cables
    4 channel doser
    5 fan Coolbreeze & controller

I also plan to get a small ups to keep profilux alive during power downs..

My questions

1 - How big of a UPS do i need to keep only PL3N on for 24 hours at min.
    2 - Will PL3N keep tunze pumps that are connected to battery running, if it has power via UPS but not the power bars?
    3 - Since the ATI hybrid module has its own controller i think it wont need to be controlled via PL3n, am i correct?
    4 - Is there a place in the forum where people posted their setups which we can see and get inspired?

Thanks,
    Tolga
    Last edited by tyuksel76; 02.05.2013 at 14:50.

I think this link will answer your last question:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/fo...and-terrariums

Thanks BigAl

Any ideas about the rest? Especially item 2 is very important for me...

Any ideas about the rest? Especially item 2 is very important for me...
    • 1) - no idea - it also depends on the number of probes and additional equipment I think
    • 2) it will - as long as the PL has power but it will not, if the PL is off (even not with Tunze battery pack!)
      However, there is a DIY fallback for battery running with and without PL: See http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/at...2&d=1321192304 (german drawing, but I think it´s clear)
    • 3) - it think so

Thank you.. I saw the drawing, but i am not sure if its risky to make changes to working conditions of the PL. Can PL be aware of power loss somehow and send email message about this when connected to ups?? Or do we need the SMS module for this purpose?

you could use a digital input of the separately available expansion card "PLM-ADIN" if you are able to connect there something which indicates a power-cut

a SMS module work in any case
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you Matthias
    I am not very good at electronics and its been so long since my college years. So please correct me if i am wrong. What i understand from you is , i can get PLM-ADIN and a basic 10V adapter, then based on the amperage of this adapter use a resistor to reduce the ampere down to 10mA. This way when there is electric the PL will record 10V in input signal.. When its gone it will be 0V.. Can this work? Sorry if this is such a noobish idea as i said i am not very good at this kind of stuff.. Thanks..

the PLM-ADIN has 2 analog and 4 digital inputs -> use the digital inputs and connect a power source (e.g. basic adapter) to the mains you want to control
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes , but don't i need to reduce the ampere down? in the manuel file for PLM-ADIN it says "Auxiliary voltage 10 V: can be loaded withmax. 10 mA" . I will also buy this piece with my order.

don't i need to reduce the ampere down?
    You need a potential-free switch - this also can be a relais