Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Sea max stock lights controller help

Default Red Sea max stock lights controller help

Hi, I currently have a Red Sea max 250 and want the stock lights to be controllable (sunrise and sunset) I will be changing the 3 stock ballasts in the red sea max 250 to PHILIPS HF-R TD 239 TL5 EII 2 X TL5 39W ballasts, could you please help with how I would link the new ballasts to a profilux controller and what equipment would be needed for me to achieve this, I seem to be going around in circles and am getting very confused with the whole controler thing many thanks piers

precondition is that these ballasts are dimmable and have a 1-10V-interface

if this is the case you need an interface board to connect the ProfiLux with these ballasts (this articel is called "EVG-AP", see manual here: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...?do=file&id=64)

it connects the 1-10V-interfaces of the ProfiLux with the ballasts and manages the shut-off of the power supply to the ballasts at 0% brightness
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Also will a European profilux controller work in the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    precondition is that these ballasts are dimmable and have a 1-10V-interface

if this is the case you need an interface board to connect the ProfiLux with these ballasts (this articel is called "EVG-AP", see manual here: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...?do=file&id=64)

it connects the 1-10V-interfaces of the ProfiLux with the ballasts and manages the shut-off of the power supply to the ballasts at 0% brightness

Would anything else be required apart from a controller and the evg-ap, will I only need to have one evg-ap to connect the 3 ballasts

1. there is an extra UK-version available (has other plugs)

2. one EVG-AP can handle max. 2 ballasts -> you need 2x EVG-AP
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Would it be possible then to buy a European controller and attach uk attachments such as power bars etc

you can connect any powerbar to the ProfiLux, it is the same interface cable

but the power adaptor of a Europe version will not match your wall sockets in the UK ...

Would it be ok to say that I could do this then using a European to uk adapter

Also do I even need power bars etc if all I want to do at the moment is control lighting?

Also do I even need power bars etc if all I want to do at the moment is control lighting?
    no, you need no powerbar for that purpose