Thread: Battery.

Default Battery.

How do you know when it's time to replace the internal battery of the SMS module?
    My module is about 3yrs old there's a power cut twice a week (what can I say - this is what I have to live with)
    When I do get an SMS ( about 50%) it's with a 2 minutes delay.
    How do you replace it and with what? Is it possible?
    Thanks.

Hi

the lifetime of a rechargable battery depends on many things, like temperature and amount of charging cycles.
    After 3 years it is really very likely that the battery is in a bad condition.

The battery is replacable (there is a removable connector) and available as a spare part. For replacement just open the enclosure, remove the old one and insert the new one.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks! Matthias
    Where can I fined such a battery is it GHL only? Or is it something that could be found at home centre?

I am afraid but I doubt that you will find a compatible battery.

I recommend to purchase the original part.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So will do! Thanks again!