Thread: windows 8 firmware problem

Default windows 8 firmware problem

Hi
    Having problems updating firmware using windows 8.
    Can anybody using windows 8 list a step by step on doing a firmware updates please?

Hi

GHL Control Center has an update wizward which guids you step-by-step through the update process.
    I think if you follow exactly these instructions it should work.

At which point in the wizard are you experiencing problems? What is exactly the problem?

For the update another driver is needed, maybe this driver is not installed or the COM-port is not adjusted correctly? The hardware manager will tell.

If so - Windows 8 doesn't like uncertified drivers, but this behaviour can be switched off.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias
    in step 2/5 there is no "usbvcom" in section "ports (com & lpt)" in device manager.
    so I go to the next step.
    1) disconnect and reconnect again usb - wire
    2) maybe the driver must be uploaded manually, the driver is located here.
    There is a file but I cannot click onto it or even copy and paste

this is the point - in step 2 (after Mitras went into download-mode) the "usbvcom" must appear - if it doesn't we must install the driver manually
    going to the next step without this driver is pointless

please go again to step 2 and show me a screenshot of your device manager (ports expanded)

unplug USB to Mitas and make another screenshot of the device manager (I want to see what device disappears)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias
    Thanks for your support, it was easier to just borrow a friends laptop to update firmware and then just use mine to connect to GCC.
    Thank you