Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email from Profilux suddenly stopped

Default Email from Profilux suddenly stopped

Hi, I have had my Profilux reliably sending emails via Yahoo for 18 months or so until last week when it has now stopped sending. I have checked all my email settings, created a new AOL account and tried that and it seems that Profilux will occaisonally send the Test message (via both Yahoo and AOL) but then stops again. To verify that it is Profilux that has the problem and not my ISP I have installed a Desktop Email receiver called Papercut on a Windows 7 laptop on my local network and can see that via an email client with no authentication test emails arrive in Papercut, however, Profilux sends nothing.....

The only thing that has changed recently is that I performed a factory reset after saving my settings, editing with Notepad++ and removing special characters for me to use my iPad app.....Profilux FW is 5.15 and PCL is 5.1.5.2. I have of course removed my email settings and re-entered - any ideas please urgently - I'm away alot and rely on email status and alerts from Profilux! Kind regards, Andy

I had to change the SMTP port number recently after my yahoo mail stopped working all of a sudden. It wasn't a Profilux issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks but as per the first post I have removed all of my previous Yahoo settings and have replaced them with a local LAN based smtp receiver that points to an application called Papercut running on a laptop in my home network. The Papercut app holds any smtp email for inspection and I can see that no email is being received from I will run a Wireshark trace of the laptop later today to see if Profilux is sending anything at all.

You can try the following: Send an email with the test button in PLC and have a look at the PL3 display. Normally it shows an envelope for a very short time (less than a second). If the envelope stays for a couple of seconds, the PL3 can´t reach the mail server. I this case you have to check the route.

About the "suddenly stops": Recently my email provider has done an internal change and don´t allow mail transfer without ssl encryption anymore. The PL3 isn´t able to send encrypted mails due its not implemented and its limited resources, so the mail transfer stops without any notice. I changed over to an own mailserver and now it is working again.

Thanks, I'll check the Test in PLC and see how long the envelope stays. I suspected it may have been a change in ISP settings however, after swapping over to AOL from Yahoo it sent some tests then stopped. I have now changed it to my own mailserver simulator (Papercut) on the same network as Profilux to check whether Profilux is sending and it appears not to be. I can send to the Papercut app from any other appliance/pc in the same network and Papercut shows the message arriving and the message can be inspected.

The only change since this stopped working was to backup Profilux settings, edit out the special characters in Notepad++, factory reset and restore settings. The only setting that contained special characters were descriptions in Level and Plugbar. The email settings remained the same.

Ok, pressing the Test button shows the envelope appear and then disappear in under a second....

Ok, so using Wireshark running on my test laptop with my Mailserver App (Papercut) and Profilux configured to send mail to the laptop unsecure I can see the following SMTP conversation and then it stops: -
    220 lounge
    EHLO ProfiLux3
    250-lounge
    250-8BITMIME
    250 OK
    MAIL FROM: <test@myisp.co.uk>
    250 <test@myisp.co.uk> OK

So to me it looks as though Profilux starts the conversation but does not send the actual message?

It would be nice to get a response from someone at GHL?

Hi I am sorry but I have no idea how to help you here

as you wrote it worked perfectly before you performed the factory reset, so a hardware problem must be exluded - I assume you use the LAN for connection with PLC also?

and I don't think there is a software problem because 5.15 works fine on my test controllers in regards to emails and you used the 5.15 in the past also

then what is left? I can't imagine another reason than something is wrong in your settings
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

if you can't find the problem in your settings then I ask you to contact us directly in order to examine this in our second level support
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.