Thread: confused what settings to use for tunze streams

Default confused what settings to use for tunze streams

i have been messing with the settings for a few days and not getting the results i hoped for...

tank is 5 foot tank...150 gallon

2 tunze 6105
    2 tunze 6055

i thought i could get a wave effect like the wave box or ecotechs on the tank with the profilux... i just cant get that constant wave motion.... no real wave at the surface....seems more random motion...

i have tried all different settings and im totally confused now....

how should i set these up? what settings ???

thanks

Hi Larry,

ProfiLux can produce any effect you want, it only depends on the settings.

If you want to you can post here screenshots with the pump settings and of the 1-10V-interface settings, we will have a look.

And we need more specific information - where and how are the pumps connected to ProfiLux?

hi matthias...

thanks for the prompt reply...

maybe its not me conused with the settings.....

i think i am a little unhappy with the streams 6105 since it is so narrow and keeps blowing my sand everywhere....

i want a gentle wave making motion and not violent....

with that said i assume the opposite sine wave is the most gentle of all the settings?

[QUOTE=larryfl1;3562]hi matthias...

i think i am a little unhappy with the streams 6105 since it is so narrow and keeps blowing my sand everywhere....

i want a gentle wave making motion and not violent....

QUOTE]

Hi Larry,

Yes, the 6105s stream is pretty narrow, and I had blowing sand in my 120. You can use the impeller covers from the 6205, they are about $40 each from Tunze.com- the part is 6205.130 I believe(its in the manual).

These have a much wider output nozzle, and they fit on with no mods whatsoever. The flow out of them is very wide and gentle, comparable to a Vortech. I have no blowing sand as a result, but the flow does not reach far(fine for a 4-5 foot tank.)

HTH

i have just tried the 15v jumper instead of the 18v and the stream is much more tame.....