Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Salinity control

I think I found the problem when the water low and salinity at 51.5 its not topping up but when it's lower and salinity under or over the 51.5 mark. When restart the level it tops up BUT only to the salinity mark 51.5 does any one know why I haven't change anything for months

No one wants to help

Hi, Not all of us are here all the time!
    I spent all weekend working on the tank and did not even look at a computer(Except for the Profilux)

What happens when you manually turn on the fresh water top off?
    All the functionality looks correct, maybe it is switching OK, but something else has failed from the power bar down.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Hey every thing working fine. What it is doing is when the water drops its only topping up to the salinity correct level not the level of the sump but it doesn't go over the sump level if it don't reach the salinity level?

What I am reading is that it is not topping up with RO water. Is that correct?
    Call me Paul !

No it's not topping up anything
    When salinity low and water levels low it will not top up with saltwater until it's pass 0.3 and same if salinity is high and water low

Quote Originally Posted by coops1234 View Post
    No it's not topping up anything
    When salinity low and water levels low it will not top up with saltwater until it's pass 0.3 and same if salinity is high and water low
    Now I am really confused, you wrote this below. Where does this 0.3 figure come from??

I think I found the problem when the water low and salinity at 51.5 its not topping up but when it's lower and salinity under or over the 51.5 mark. When restart the level it tops up BUT only to the salinity mark 51.5 does any one know why I haven't change anything for months"
    and
    "Hey every thing working fine. What it is doing is when the water drops its only topping up to the salinity correct level not the level of the sump but it doesn't go over the sump level if it don't reach the salinity level?
    You need to accurately state what is actually working and how. I am guessing that English is not your first language and you are making a lot of opposing statements which means I don't know what is happening.
    Call me Paul !