Thread: Daylight Savings Time In Canada and USA

Default Daylight Savings Time In Canada and USA

Hi,

Just curious if anyone else noticed that the daylight savings time change within the software appears to be changing on the "old" dates? I have my time synced using a time server over network but two weeks ago it did not roll ahead one hour....so I changed my time settings from -5 to -4 to fix this.....however, yesterday (the old day that clocks would roll ahead for DST in Canada) the DST change in the software kicked in. So I then changed my settings from -4 back to -5.
    Just something for ghl to consider for the next Plc software release....
    Any thoughts/input is welcomed!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

....so I changed my time settings from -5 to -4 to fix this.....
    You also may call this ... to generate the problem ....

Last weekend was the time daylight saving was changed in europe (where the PL is comming from), so that is the reason.

Just something for ghl to consider for the next Plc software release....
    I suggest it would be very difficult to respect all different daylight saving daes around the world ....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    You also may call this ... to generate the problem ....

Last weekend was the time daylight saving was changed in europe (where the PL is comming from), so that is the reason.

I suggest it would be very difficult to respect all different daylight saving daes around the world ....
    Not sure how you think that changing my time zone from -5 to -4 is generating the problem??.........please explain.

You haven´t change your location, so why do you think the change of time zone will be right?

Correct, however since my daylight savings date is earlier now in march than most European ones, I just simply switched the Timezone to one that is one hour ahead. This allowed me to keep correct time while still being synced to my time server network. Now that the DST has kicked in through the software I am able to switch back to my actual -5 Timezone. See what I am saying/doing?
    Anyways, I just thought I would point this out.....there a quite a few ppl using the profilux in North America and IMO it would be beneficial to add the correct DST date change for us here too. Not sure however just how difficult this would be in the software programming but again I just wanted to point it out for all us North Americans that use DST and the Profilux. Thanks!