Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iOS App Install

I have VIR
    TUAL NETWORK setup in router currently at 10001 because 80 wouldn't work, and also have same port number saved in Webserver settings in PLC.
    You musn´t use port 10001 for the webserver. You can use any port for it, but not 10001 cause this is the one PLC uses to communicate with the Profilux (this can´t be changed).

So try any other port, ensure you can reach the build-in webserver of the Profilux ant then use the same port for the app.

Quote Originally Posted by TGreene View Post
    Okay maybe I'm a complete lunatic then, but for the life of me I cannot get port 80 to work at all..

I have VIRTUAL NETWORK setup in router currently at 10001 because 80 wouldn't work, and also have same port number saved in Webserver settings in PLC.

It's the lack of any actual step-by-step instructions that is frustrating ad hell to me.
    My issue is that after having had a couple of strokes, my memory is gone, so if anyone coud bd kind enough to givd a detailed list of instructions, I would really appreciate it.
    to make it short:
    - PLC communicates over port 10001
    - apps and webinterface work with port 80
    - these are 2 different ports

these are the facts

usually port 80 works, actually every browser requests pages via port 80

let's try if you can access the ProfiLux webserver at all: what happens if you enter the IP of your ProfiLux in the address line of your browser? can you see the webinterface?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I got it working perfectly now.. Thanks so much for the help.

It turns out that I was trying either 10001 -or- 80, rather than both and setting up my router to accept both.. As I mentioned, I've had a couple of strokes, so my memory on technical stuff is very bad anymore.

The next revision of the App should include an easy set of step-by-step instructions on the [HELP] page though, to alleviate a lot of frustration.

-Tim

Glad you got it working Tim. Others will learn from this thread.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    Glad you got it working Tim. Others will learn from this thread.

Allen

Well, I may have spoken too soon! ;-(

It seems that I can only get the app to connect when I'm on the same network as the Profilux controler. I have (4) systems that I need full remote access to, and for some reason it's not reaching out beyond the LAN.

-Tim

Hi

but this is not an App issue, this is a general communication problem.

You have to adjust your network for external access - for accessing from "outside" you need a fix IP or a DNS (like DynDNS).

This has been discussed a few times here.

If you can't find something then I please you to open a new thread because we have a new thread topic then.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Okay the issues must then somehow be in the routers... I am using D-Link... If somebody could give me information on settings changes in router, that would be helpful.

-Tim

The FIX was a matter of setting the following port forwarding orders under VIRTUAL SERVERS in the routers.

Since most ISP's in the US have Port-80 blocked for incoming traffic, the work-a-round was to set the public port at 443, the webserver at 80, and the app at 443.

Public -- 443
    Private - 80

This works perfectly on a D-Link router, but I was unable to get this to work on a Linksys WRT54G router for some reason, but am continuing to research it..

-Tim

Got final unit working with port-8088... ;-)

That's great to hear Tim. I'm sure others will learn from your trials here figuring out this problem.