Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No Response from Device

Firmware is 5.13.

You need the latest ProfiLux firmware V5.16 to use the App

You need a dyndns address

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    You need a dyndns address
    Thanks ... just been there and had a look, have to buy a domain name ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    You need the latest ProfiLux firmware V5.16 to use the App
    Geez, I'm always reticent to upgrade the firmware ... whilst I've had no problems in the past, a few have had issues with 5.16, is everything now bedded down ?

OK, I have now successfully upgraded the firmware to V5.16 and I have a hostname at Dyn. Bravo !

I'm not an IT geek, property and construction is my game, so I need a little coaching from the 'sharp minds' here. Busy setting up the dyns thing using the wizard and I stumble at the first hurdle ... what am I setting up ? * a website ? No; * a camera ? definitely not; * a DVR ? no idea what that is; * remote access ? uh, yes ? sounds promising; * VPN ? do I need a virtual private network ?; * an alternate port ? that sounds like it could be the thing I need; * internet guide ? No.

Another thing, I read comments in the forums that there is a 'free dynsname' service ... the trial I have has an annual fee ... is there a free service offering that I've missed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    OK, I have now successfully upgraded the firmware to V5.16 and I have a hostname at Dyn. Bravo !

I'm not an IT geek, property and construction is my game, so I need a little coaching from the 'sharp minds' here. Busy setting up the dyns thing using the wizard and I stumble at the first hurdle ... what am I setting up ? * a website ? No; * a camera ? definitely not; * a DVR ? no idea what that is; * remote access ? uh, yes ? sounds promising; * VPN ? do I need a virtual private network ?; * an alternate port ? that sounds like it could be the thing I need; * internet guide ? No.

Another thing, I read comments in the forums that there is a 'free dynsname' service ... the trial I have has an annual fee ... is there a free service offering that I've missed ?
    It is free for one host and more it cost. read the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by reef View Post
    It is free for one host and more it cost. read the fine print.
    Thank you, 'reef' for bringing that to my attention, much obliged. Do you think that you may also be able to help with what sort of connection I should be setting up in order to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 android mobile phone ? That would be a great help, thank you in anticipation.

Any help with this , please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Any help with this , please ?
    with what? what is the open question, please?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.