Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: No Response from Device

update
    As per Fred s post I have now been able to connect.

I preform a factory rest on the P3 ex and then loaded the setting with the special characters removed ( got errors as fred said but i had more ).
    followed by the sensor settings.

Iphone app now connects rest i have to explore

I must be doing something wrong!

I have checked/cleared the description texts of any special characters, I am running 5.15 and I still can't connect through the app, yet can connect through the web browser as I always have been able to.

Any more ideas to get the app working for me, and I'm sure others too.

Thanks

ratters

have you tried a factory rest the reload settings and sensors (see post 61)

it worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Himat View Post
    I have tried to clear these special characters from profilux and tried your method.
    still does not work with me , maybe if you can edit my setting file
    I just reported what worked for me; I reached that state by trial-and-error and is in no way something recommended to me by GHL. It is quite possible that this may not work for other setups... I can however share a few additional things I found: try an incorrect password in the app settings. If the app does not display "No Response from the device (wrong password)" -at least the first time- but remains simply "No Response from the device", then there might be a connection problem (wrong address, wrong port, ...). Also, if the error is "No Response from the device (Network error - please try again)" try again after a few minutes of idle time; if still the same, it might there too indicate another problem.

When you load the configuration file, then view it with a text editor, do you see any special characters in the descriptions (all the lines between number 18000 and 18127 for me); i.e. something like
    18009, "CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START - 0 - 9", "@ml"
    rather than
    18009, "CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START - 0 - 9", ""
    (which is what it should be for a blank description)

GHL, could provide corrected / additional debugging techniques?

Within Profilux Control, I manually went through every description field in all settings and I had found these funky characters in Illumination Runs, Timers, Descriptions of Feed Pauses, Maintenance Blocks, Sensors, Sockets , 1-10V and Digital Inputs. You gotta get them all! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I just reported what worked for me; I reached that state by trial-and-error and is in no way something recommended to me by GHL. It is quite possible that this may not work for other setups... I can however share a few additional things I found: try an incorrect password in the app settings. If the app does not display "No Response from the device (wrong password)" -at least the first time- but remains simply "No Response from the device", then there might be a connection problem (wrong address, wrong port, ...). Also, if the error is "No Response from the device (Network error - please try again)" try again after a few minutes of idle time; if still the same, it might there too indicate another problem.

When you load the configuration file, then view it with a text editor, do you see any special characters in the descriptions (all the lines between number 18000 and 18127 for me); i.e. something like
    18009, "CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START - 0 - 9", "@ml"
    rather than
    18009, "CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START - 0 - 9", ""
    (which is what it should be for a blank description)

GHL, could provide corrected / additional debugging techniques?
    Fred thanks
    as you said trial-and-error and is in no way something recommended to me by GHL.

i did a factory rest and reloaded edited setting file.

Daumen hoch

WooooHoooo

It works!

I checked all the descriptions again, I found a spurious character in Level 5 which I missed first time round, removed it and the app works.

Thanks for all the help guys, awesome.

I'm a bit confused.
    Are you guys finding these strange characters in the PC software or in the exported text file?

My problem is that I can connect fine when at home, but not when away. So for some reason I'm having problems connected remotely.
    I got the IP address found in PC in the connections settings under "configuration". For password i left it blank.

Please check the firewall configuration and port forwarding on your router.
    You can't use your local IP address. Use a DynDNS-service such as dyndns-free.com to connect remotely.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

ohhhh, that ip address. Got it.
    Fixed it and it seems to work fine! Thanks!