Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: No Response from Device

Thanks Matthias ... refer to my posts at 9:43 and 8:46 above ... what type of dyns should I be setting up, please ?

Hello, which Dyndns provider do you use?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Hello, which Dyndns provider do you use?
    DynDNS Pro from DNS Email Labs ... they have a wizard to assist the setup.
    http://dyn.com/dns/

From my post at 9:43
    ... what am I setting up ? * a website ? No; * a camera ? definitely not; * a DVR ? no idea what that is; * remote access ? uh, yes ? sounds promising; * VPN ? do I need a virtual private network ?; * an alternate port ? that sounds like it could be the thing I need; * internet guide ? No.
    Last edited by Tone; 05.07.2013 at 00:37.

Remote Access should be the right one.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you, DenisO

Given up ... all too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Given up ... all too difficult.
    mine actually worked after installing the latest firmware .

Quote Originally Posted by chercm View Post
    mine actually worked after installing the latest firmware .
    I have the latest of everything ... my trial period for the dyns was coming to an end and I wasn't prepared to shell out $ for the dns name whilst getting a connection was going around in circles. My observations are the installation is not user friendly for non-IT people. I might reconsider this app at sometime in the future but not for now. Pity because I travel a lot for my work and am away from home for extended periods of time and this app would be very useful.

Try opendns. It is free and it has a simple guide how to set up your router. They have guides for 21 manufacturers and also general router guide, if your manufacturer is not listed.

Thank you DenisO ... I'll give this one more shot!

Opendns account is now created and the Netgear router is set up with new Primary and Secondary DNS addresses ... where to from here ?