Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mitras for canopy !!!

Default mitras for canopy !!!

Hello,

I would like to know when the mitras for canopy's will be releashed ?

I have a canopy 45 cm high , but @ the time of the mitras it was said that the huminity was going to be too high and the lamp would not take it.

Well when are the moist resistant mitras coming out ???

I need to make up my mind, since my currnet fixture needs replacements urgently. (electric current loss)

I hate to go the Ecotech route. been a GHL customer for so long and everything is now GHL

Important info - you cant put a Radion in a canopy either.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

They do not say this anywhere. (not on there site )

Manual says standard moist stuff =>
    that product must be used in 'well ventilated area'
    and moist is not covered by warrenty etc. etc..

I geuss they prefer to not mount it in a canopy but I never saw any ' do not do it advice' , if you do you can point me too it. (offical eco tech response , not a post of a guy that states that moist killed his lamp)
    I looked around and Ecotech resp say to ventilate the canopy

Here GHL stated that this lamps should not be used in a canopy , I asked can I do it in my canopy .....
    The only information I find they will/might have a more moist proof Mitras , if this is the case I'm happy to wait ,
    If its not the case I don't have alot of options anymore.

It's in my canopy - two of them - in an RSM250!! Mind you I have put in six hood fans controlled by an air temp probe connected to a Profilux to ensure low noise but low humidity and temperature. So far internal Mitras temp rarely exceeds 40C at 100% output.

I'm sure I have broken some form of warranty tho.

Thorne

well you have by announcing it (just kidding)

Interesting feedback and I am sure the positive proactive measures you have taken to protect the Mitras goes a long way in the internal temperature.

I wont or cant comment of course on the warranty aspect

Warranty shmarranty!!

I'm self insured me - that's part of the fun - even at £1500 odd for the two!!

It looks neat in the RSM tho - I did try just one but because they are so close to the water (albeit behind an acrylic cover) I found the spread was to narrow.

Thorne

Quote Originally Posted by ThorneJamieson View Post
    Warranty shmarranty!!

I'm self insured me - that's part of the fun - even at £1500 odd for the two!!

It looks neat in the RSM tho - I did try just one but because they are so close to the water (albeit behind an acrylic cover) I found the spread was to narrow.

Thorne
    I would love to see some pics of your system with this configuration. I know of others who have thought hard about this very option but are afraid of voiding the warranty.

I'm disappointed that a single unit wouldn't suffice though as that would be a great selling point over the Radions in an RSM250. Please share pics when you can

I have mine in a faux canopy, my wife likes the canopy look so I compromised. I say faux, because the top is open and the Mitras are surrounded so I have plenty air flow around the Mitras and heat can escape through the open top. No issues as yet.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Well,
    Due to the lack of 'official' usefull feedback.
    canopy is 130 l * 75w *45 h

with mixed feelings the price qoute on the pro's is send.20130301_181914.jpg
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 01.03.2013 at 18:23.

how big is your tank? dimensions?