Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NEW Tank Build !!!

From experience you'll soon grow tired of hourly emails, they will lose relevance and you'll stop checking them I found it more beneficial to enable cyclic emails at 4-6 hour intervals so I wasn't overloaded with hourly emails. Also, as a suggestion copy your email alert and enable it to send on error also.

Yes for sure, right now its like a new toy, but will get bored of it, I get over 200 emails a day, I dont need to add to the count

Good advise will set it up in regards to alerts.

Next step AWC!

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

So here is my auto water top off configuration for the aquarium, controlled by the GHL ProfiLux system.

The water is controlled by a solenoid valve seen in the photo, it is important to get these the right way round otherwise they will fail fast, note the red dot marks input.

The solenoid reacts to a low water signal from the optical sensor in the photo, the solenoid is plugged into controllable power bar which is programmed to react to the optical sensors state.

For added security should the solenoid fail open to stop fresh water being dumped constantly into the sump you will see a high level set float valve from Bubble Magus.

Michael, do you flush your ATO prior to it feeding fresh from RODI machine on demand? I was thinking this through recently and came up with the following diagram for ATO and refilling the automatic water change tank.
    Slide2.jpg

Nope, there seems to be a myth about high TDS on start up, I personally after various tests never seen this and to be honest do not quite see how this can be, providing you maintain your unit and the membrane is of sound quality you wont get leach back from any test I have done over 20 years of using RO to direct refill my tanks.

Your diagram is really good

well the losses became a bit more of a problem so we have set up a full QT which everything fish related goes through.

The system will be an invert/coral system for the next month or so while we build a good healthy fish stock in QT.

We have a few corals coming down from Colby at Bayside on Thursday, and looking forward to acclimatizing them while the fish go through 6 week QT cycle.

All initial fish will be QT'd at once and further additions for the same period

could you send me or point me in the right direction to set up email from the P3
    profilux 3x wireless enabled 3 ecotech pumps and wireless adapter
    3 Simuspots 2 levl sensors ( min /max)
    4 channel dossing pump 2 PAB 6 outlets
    Temp PH and redox sensors 2 mitras 6100HV
    touch Condutivity sensor wireles card

There is a sticky at the top of the software forum

Big switch out this week!

Decided to dump the dry rock and go with some very well cured bali left over that Reef Aquatica has, this was a way too good find not to take up. So I am having 70LB delivered on Tuesday.

I believe dry rock has its uses in this hobby, but its insane cure rates and various reports of leeching are not really what i want in my system, I have seen some strange happenings that in 20 years of using Live rock i have never had before.

I know there will be many here that will come out and say that DR is the best and the way to go, but personally for me, it is not for me, so moving on and going back to old school tactics.

On a plus side the fish are doing really well, the QT system is great, my stock are looking healthy and feeding on New Era Aegis food due to its medical properties.

3 weeks today i can introduce the fish to the system providing the parameters have stabilized with the new rock.

If anyone wants some Bali please let me know, it came in 3 years ago and is sitting in dark vats and pest free.

"Bali Kuta PREMIUM LR is very porous and light and have alot of room for bacteria to colonize, it is almost 50% lighter than the typical Fiji Live Rock used in reef tank.

On top of that Reef Aquatica's price is HALF the price of what is being offered in some national retail chains, making it much more attractive price for setting up that dream tank of yours.

All pieces are hand picked for light weight & shapes; most are medium to large sizes and have some really nice flat pieces for bridges and table top. This whole batch of live rock is CURED and also APTASIA-FREE, we actually employed an army of peppermint shrimp to ensure that there is no aptasia in these rocks, so you can have that piece of mind."

http://www.reefaquatica.com/store/pr...roducts_id=415

My Naso in QT - taken before the daily bottom clean!

So for my next trick

1 x

+

1 x

Automated shut off of return line to tank when return pump is stopped or in the event of failure, thus stopping sump from rasining too high, this also allows for accurate auto water changes.

Only thing missing is the availability of the metric fittings required for the flow sensor, you cant buy them in the USA or Canada So when i go to the UK I will pick myself up a set.