Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NEW Tank Build !!!

looking good
    profilux 3x wireless enabled 3 ecotech pumps and wireless adapter
    3 Simuspots 2 levl sensors ( min /max)
    4 channel dossing pump 2 PAB 6 outlets
    Temp PH and redox sensors 2 mitras 6100HV
    touch Condutivity sensor wireles card

Quick update then photos at the weekend.

I have a few fish in the system and had to retrieve what was left of my few corals from my LFS who was care taking them, they did not do too well, and the reason why they are now in a tank that really should not have any corals in it yet, but a do or die situation they are no worse off here and probably better.

The balling system using the GHL dosers, bubble magus containers and also the Ocean fresh salts is now also set up.

Slowly getting over the cloudy period with the water.

The Prodibio start up did its job, all parameters at zero amazingly, talk about good stuff.

Reef Aquatica is supplying me with a stack of live copepods and other clean goodies to kick start the system.

Corals will come from various sources, mainly dealers I trust and know exactly where they get them from, I am not into photo-shopped corals

Been playing with the Tunze pumps, I so wish I was running Vortechs I just cant get good waves with the Tunze. I thought I found a huge bug in the GHL software, I could not get the pumps to react to the programming, so in my eagerness to report my find I emailed HQ only 2 minutes later to find I had set in 1-10v both pumps to pump 1 (DOAH) needless to say NO bug!

Everyone is admiring Concepts tank build skills, I cant thank him enough for such an awesome tank.

Photos and video to follow in a few days when I feel more comfortable with the look of everything.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

So some pictures finally now things have settled.

The photos show the GHL balling system now in place using the 3 channel GHL doser, Bubble magus 5L containers which will be filled using Ocean fresh ionically balanced balling salts. All wiring now complete on the system and it all seems stable.

Not happy with the Tunzes I wish i could use MP40's but the acrylic pushes it past their tolerence and not being a solid fixture creates resonance. May look at routing a hole in it to fit the MP40's

Yes the flower pot coral is in way too soon but had to rescue it. And the chunk of monti that used to be bright green with purple edge is acting as a guinea pig to the system

Not the best of cameras, when we start doing promotional work with the tank we have photographers on stand by!

Last edited by aqua_digital; 20.03.2013 at 21:25.

One thing I would like to mention is the ATO and how it is direct feed from a solenoid.

BE VERY CAREFUL here, if you install them the wrong way round they will not work for long, jam open and flood your system, mine came with a red mark on the feed side, if your does not, please ask the supplier.

I will be fitting a secondary higher level mechanical ball cock supplied by Bubble Magus as a get out of jail card also.

is your tank 36 inches across the front and 32 wide I notice that you hung the lite parrallel to the front. do you have good lite coverage accross the tank...Andre
    profilux 3x wireless enabled 3 ecotech pumps and wireless adapter
    3 Simuspots 2 levl sensors ( min /max)
    4 channel dossing pump 2 PAB 6 outlets
    Temp PH and redox sensors 2 mitras 6100HV
    touch Condutivity sensor wireles card

Yes 36 x32

The mitras has massive coverage 36 x32 is a walk in the park for one unit.

The GHL Mitras LED coral test!

Photo uploaded is of a very sorry for itself looking chunk of what used to be green with purple edges plating Montipora. This is what is left from my huge colony. As you can see its not very colourful, yes it has some purple showing through just about, and yes the water is slightly cloudy thanks to Prodibio kicking up a nice bio bloom while the tank matures. But I think we all can agree my camera work does not get good enough for photoshop.

So lets wait a few weeks and see what colour this goes under GHL Mitras LED Place your bets please

Last edited by aqua_digital; 22.03.2013 at 20:01.

Tank update pictures. As you can see the Monti colour is coming on fast!

Ammonia = 0
    Nitrite = 0
    Nitrate = 0.005
    P04 = 00.00
    Phosphorous = 0.036PPB
    Ca = 420
    ALK = 7.5
    Mg = 1260
    Salinity = 52.7
    tank temp = 26.6c (80f)
    Redox = 345 and climbing
    pH = between 7.95 - 8.01 depending on time of day

Last edited by aqua_digital; 25.03.2013 at 16:30.

Jobs done today

Balling system finally set up, just dialing it in now.

ProfiLux on the outside of the network and also Iphone APP set up.

I now have email set up where the ProfiLux emails me directly (not via the PC) the Profilux has its own SMTP server.

I am getting an email every hour updating me of my sensor values. I will now look at adding more funky email notifications.

If anyone needs help setting email up using Outlook let me know.