Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Tank Build !!!

Daumen hoch NEW Tank Build !!!

I am pleased to announce the new tank build can now finally start. Thanks to Dave at Concepts for the amazing tank and stand, both are the best quality I have ever seen! The tank having a one piece Euro Brace and 100% star fire with unique total clear silicon.

The tank is 36x32x24 with external overflow. The sump will be in the basement about 8 feet below the tank.

The system will run everything we distribute one way or another but also form the basis for all future marketing photos for GHL equipment for the North American market, for example the Mitras. The tank will run just one single silver Mitras HV.

Here are some photos I took at 1.45am this morning after getting off a plane back from Turks and Caicos getting in the door at 1.30am!! Something was bugging me! Did I measure our door gap right? will the stand fit? 30 minutes in the garage with a jenny bar and a tape measure confirmed my thoughts. Yep I measure wrong the stand wont fit, so it has to go through the patio doors, so now I have to snow blow the side of the house and around the swimming pool and get some lads over to get the stand through the rear patio doors. But before that the stand is off to a local cabinet makers to have a little mod done to it I did not get done during manufacture.

This will be a painstaking slow build, so next update will be a while

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Congrats
    Looking forward to the progress

Doggydoc

First progress will be to snow blow the side of the house and back yard to make a path to show horn the stand through the patio doors

Great, don't forget to post some light projects and program logic for the slow learners like me.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Unpacking continues, with a back that does not allow me to lift more than 20LB I am very reliant on my friends and employees coming over at the weekend so its a slow old job.

Need to work out what all the sump compartments are for! Sump now in basement.

Stand really dusty due to the crate being cut the shreds with a hand circular saw for speed

new photos - the lower edge will have 2" beading to hide the bottom edging

Single piece glass star fire Euro brace

Last edited by aqua_digital; 06.03.2013 at 16:52.

Hi Michael,
    Good luck on the tank build.
    Looking good so far.
    Last edited by Antipodes; 27.02.2013 at 21:39. Reason: Reads better

Planned work this weekend on the marine tank build

1. Get two 6' lengths of 4"x6" and bolt them together
    2. Collect 1 x Floor support acro

support floor under fish tank in basement so we can still party without risk of said tank making sink hole through living room floor and becoming an uninvited guest in the basement.

If i am lucky enough I might get the Aquascaping roughed in.

Need to get work bench for sump in the basement.

Aquascaping complete! I decided to go for a canyon in the end, its tough trying to be original without going off the wall and creating an unnatural scene. When sitting in the viewing seat the canyon draws you through, more so as it narrows to a small opening. The photos do not really show this off well as they are 2D

I also wanted to keep rock well away from any of the sides to make maintenance easy.

I know we have had our differences Michael but good luck with the new tank build......I will be following this one for sure! What do you plan on having in there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD