Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Profilux control wish list for 2013

Default Profilux control wish list for 2013

Can we look at the following wish list

# Being able to group sensors, currently they are all random. i have 4 Ph sensors, so i would like to view them as a group. , so i would like to be able to group Ph, Temp etc,

# Currently the profilux control shows 32 illuminations, i only use two, so would like option to remove all the other that are not in use. same with processes. why have so many when they are not in use.

Excellent idea reef

your suggestion #2 is one that I would like to see VERY much.

#2 for all items. When they are not being used, hide them (levels, probes, sockets, programmable logic, illuminations, timers, pumps etc).
    #3 more maintenance options (4 is not enough, can this be expanded to more eg 16) With multiple tanks, I have run out, as feed pause with light control can only be done with maintenance.
    #4 Profilux Touch, Ability to label the icons/sockets
    #5 Profilux Touch, Ability to re-lable the feed pause and maintenance icons
    #6 Profilux Touch, wireless option for touch
    #7 Profilux Touch, download its data
    #8 Profilux Touch, supply my own backgrounds
    #9 Better probe/item identification
    Within the system details section of profilux control (or however) it would be great if each device reported what what actually attached to it/installed in it. What I'm looking to replace is sticky labels attached to my stuff, that becomes incorrect if I add a new expansion box or remove one.
    eg. Expansion box with PAB ID 21
    Probe PH -> probe 12
    Level 13
    Level 14
    L ports
    etc
    Last edited by CaptCrash; 22.02.2013 at 10:13.

#10 And don't forget a more sensible range in the Graph's of the Touch. Preferably user adjustable through the ProfiluxControl software

The current default range from 0-40 on the Touch's Temperature graph is not that useful when my tank is always around 25-26 degrees... shows a straight line.
    A range from 0-10 on the Touch pH graph is also not very useful when my tank is always around 7,8 - 8,2 pH..... also showing a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    #2 for all items. When they are not being used, hide them (levels, probes, sockets, programmable logic, illuminations, timers, pumps etc).
    #3 more maintenance options (4 is not enough, can this be expanded to more eg 16) With multiple tanks, I have run out, was feed pause with light control can only be done with maintenance.
    #4 Profilux Touch, Ability to label the icons/sockets
    #5 Profilux Touch, Ability to re-lable the feed pause and maintenance icons
    #6 Profilux Touch, wireless option for touch
    #7 Profilux Touch, download its data
    #8 Profilux Touch, supply my own backgrounds
    #9 Better probe/item identification
    Within the system details section of profilux control (or however) it would be great if each device reported what what actually attached to it/installed in it. What I'm looking to replace is sticky labels attached to my stuff, that becomes incorrect if I add a new expansion box or remove one.
    eg. Expansion box with PAB ID 21
    Probe PH -> probe 12
    Level 13
    Level 14
    L ports
    etc

This is a silly one.. Finally I have found an old laptop with rs232 but the profilux window is so small and I'm getting older...

Also a rezable window rather than fixed layouts.
    This allows for descriptions to be shown in columns and data to be seen without the need to scroll. This will let you take advantage of modern large screens.

eg.This is a waste of space, and navigation within the program is harder than it could be if the screen realestate was better utilised.
    Profilux.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    Also a rezable window rather than fixed layouts.
    This allows for descriptions to be shown in columns and data to be seen without the need to scroll. This will let you take advantage of modern large screens.

eg.This is a waste of space, and navigation within the program is harder than it could be if the screen realestate was better utilised.
    Profilux.jpg
    Oh that would be soooooo nice.

Doggydoc

Automatically recognize when a sensor connected to ProfiLux.
    To update the firmware without having to turn off all devices.

Link temperature and conduct. to ensure conduct. accompanied by temperature changes,If we can do it,the conduct. will be more accurate
    Last edited by ss162400; 09.03.2013 at 01:17.

Quote Originally Posted by ss162400 View Post
    Link temperature and conduct. to ensure conduct. accompanied by temperature changes,If we can do it,the conduct. will be more accurate
    That would be a plus esp when calibrating

Doggydoc